Radiator Cap

Wayne K

Aug 21, 2009
I've had my 2015 GT for about 18 months now and have had to add about a quart of coolant mix to keep level between the max and min marks. Can't find where its going. I did notice that the cap turns off and on really hard. Doesn't appear as though the threads are bad. Anyone else have an unusually tight fitting cap?

• Sponsors (?)

I've had my 2015 GT for about 18 months now and have had to add about a quart of coolant mix to keep level between the max and min marks. Can't find where its going. I did notice that the cap turns off and on really hard. Doesn't appear as though the threads are bad. Anyone else have an unusually tight fitting cap?
You may want to use some white lithium grease on the lower oring for the coolant tank cap. They have changed the design for the cap from previous generations and it has a seal on the lower part of the cap. I have seen this dry out and stick making the cap hard to turn on and off.
This does not; however, explain where your coolant may be going...

Thank you for the response. If lithium grease is safe for rubber I will give that a try or use something else that will not damage the seal. I was just surprised that the cap was hard to remove and replace and thought there was something wrong with it.

Reactions: 1 user