Radiator Shrouds....Need Some Ideas/Suggestions!!

94GTLaserRC

Squint as you approach, lest you be blinded by my
15 Year Member
Wanna liven up that UGLY black thing. I dont wanna remove it altogether. I like the way Riff's is with the Outline Pony. I would like to highlight the letters, but I havent found any that fit that, and painting that is difficult.

Anyone got some ideas/suggestions/pics on what to do with it?

Now that Krylon has the Fusion paint, We can paint it black. I already removed the stock decal and used some small shiny screws to replace those black plastic ones.

Thanks.
RC
747579EnginePolished26.jpg

RC

• Sponsors (?)

94GTLaserRC said:
Wanna liven up that UGLY black thing......
RC
i went with the generic "roll call" of modifications on mine....i wanna redo it though....get those stickers off paint it nice, do the letters a different color and then put the company stickers back....

edelbrock.jpg

Anthony

Edit...oops forgot the pic....

Nice looking engine compartment!!! WHere did you get the chrome power steering pump? :drool:

I saw in the latest 5.0 that someone (can;t remember the company's name) is selling carbon fiber radiator shrouds for our cars. Now personally i am not all that impressed by the use of carbon fiber purely for appearance products (even though I have a carbon fiber over-lay around my gauges :doh: ) but I have to admit, this piece looks BAD ASS! (real shiny looking, too)
(I think they also make that plastic cowl cover back on the firewall.)

oh, its kinda on the expensive side (what did you expect, its carbon freaking fiber ;) ) at $280. (I think)

Keith

RC you should go with something shiny, like SS or diamond plate might look a little nice. Since i am a baller on a budget for the next 2 months i am gonna make my own out of Diamond Plate, since its basically free, i hope it turns out ok..

VIPERn94Five-0 said:
aww man thanks! :nice: :rlaugh:

Anthony

VibrantRedGT said:
It's proven-spaghetti style plug wires produce more power.

LOL!!

Reminds me of the time I got the (not so) bright idea to re-route abunch of wires to clean up the engine compartment.... It all went pretty good until I got to that BIG 34 WIRE connector located on the firewall beside the AC condensor (its the connector that has a 10mm bolt holding it together...) Well, I had to splice all 34 wires and lengthen them apx. 3 feet to where I was going to relocate it (inside the passenger side shock tower.) I throughly researched it to see if lengthening the wires (and thus possibly affecting the voltage) would hurt anything... (as long as i used the same gauge wire, or slightly larger, everything should be fine- according to a ford engineer.) Well, i took my good ole' time not to rush this job as I knew that i didn;t want to screw up and get some wires messed up. I carefully labeled EVERY wire so that after I lengthed everyone, I could make sure it got connected back to its orginal wire. 34 wires, and 34 different color/stripe combinations. Make that 33(!). Thats right. 33. What i didn;t know at the time was that there were TWO gray wires with a yellow stripe :eek:. Do you think *I* got the right two gray wires with a yellow stripe back together right? :doh: Ended up frying the airbag module and it made it run like t total **** (the other wire was somehow connected to the mass air- but no damage was done to it, just the air bag module.) I immediatly knew something was awray when I saw the air bag light warning light continually flashing and the idle was funny. The difficult part was finding what was wrong. I was checking to make sure that all the colors were correct, and they were. I could not for the life of me figure out what the hell was wrong!! Well, fortunately for me, as I was mere moments away from losing my sanity and driving (make that pushing) my heap into the river, I somehow noticed 2 gray wires with yellow stripes. :bang: Sure enough, one of those wires was ever so slightly smaller than the rest (18 gauge vs 16 gauge for the others.)

So, if anyone else decides to move that beast out of eyesight (it does clean up the back of the firewall) REMEMBER, please REMEMBER there are 2 (two!) gray wires with a yellow stripe!!! :crazy:

My mess:
fd542d94.jpg

If'n it was me and i wanted them letters made i would first trace the letters on paper and then head to a sign shop...we have one up the street and they can make any font, color, whatever in vinyl decal material...the things are laser cut and backed...
I did a "revamp" on a 84 GPZ1100 couple years ago, painted it Black, new headers, Kerker, wheels, everything...sorta the looked like those GS1100 Suzukis at the drags look, damn i miss that bike... :nonono:, anyway, drove it to this guys shop, turned on the PC and went at at....
It would be tit for someone to make them letters for the shroud...

That engine bay does look sweet...nice work RC... :nice: Its come a long way...

RC...It looks good as is. I patterned my plastic shroud hold downs after I saw yours. Just with the black screws. If you really want to do the MUSTANG part of it, take it off and take to a sign/graphics shop. They can match up the size, and font, of the letters. And can make it any color you want as well. It is not that expensive. I got the FORD logo resized,the backround of it a different color, and the outline pony resized, for about 25.00 with extra copies in case I messed up the install.

VibrantRedGT said:
It's proven-spaghetti style plug wires produce more power.
:lol:
:bs: :bs: ...The curves create turbulance in the voltage flow and reduces HP.. :rolleyes:

Straight SP wires ROCK!! :nice:

Keith:
The Power steering pump sleeve is from Steeda..(theyre nearby).
Joe (VibrantRedGT) helped me polisht the coil bracket and that piece with the 2 bolts that holds the pulleys in the front.

Here is a more recent pic which shows:

1. I lost the CAP to the PS pump Sleeve :bang: (came off at WOT)
2. Replaced Chrome STB.
3. Better angle of the nasty shroud.

I am not really into spending $200 for that piece. I would rather paint it up and put a few pieces of decor on it.

663119EnginePolished27a.jpg

RC