radiator size

jlangholzj

Mustang Master
Oct 23, 2006
CLT
hey guys, yeah its been a while. I did have the chance to take my girl to see my OTHER girl (yes thats in the right order :p ) a few weeks ago, and i was reminded WHY exactly i wanted to get a new cooling setup.... :p

I'm currently away from my stang' and cant get measurements. Anyone out there able to get the physical dimentions of their radiators??

I've got a 68 coupe, 289, stock bracing on the front, so nothing funky.

I'll end up getting the aluminum rad/shroud/elec. fan kit from summit and I'd like a ballpark of what size i can fit without major modification to the bracing and such up front preferably.

thanks guys!

• Sponsors (?)

Well the stock one could have been the smaller 20 1/4" W X 16 1/2"H or the max cooling that came out in '68 with 24 1/4" W X 16" H. Obviously the larger is better for cooling. I took the smaller one out of my '67 and there were actually spacers that take up the extra opening space so I swapped in the 4" wider max cooling rad. in place of the smaller one.

You also need to play close attention to what side of the rad. the inlet/outlet are on to match yours (sbf '67/'68 should be both on pass. side) and the size of the inlet/outlet (should be 1 1/2" inlet/ 1 3/4" outlet). You may have to fab some new mounts depending on how yours is mounted now and how the replacement ones top/bottom tanks measure depth wise.

You can look on most any Mustang vendors site to get dimensions, I used NPD.
Good luck, Jon