Radiator

• Sponsors (?)

1992blkGT said:
You can go to Summit's website and order the Summit aluminum two-core Ford radiator in 31"x19". It will be a little bigger than stock, but it will fit. It also only costs $180 which is cheaper than most other radiators as well.

Go here and scroll to the bottom:
http://store.summitracing.com/product.asp?d=5&s=194&p=3781&searchtype=ecat&ms=64

that is the exact radiator i just ordered, will it be sufficient. i have an AOD also, will the transmission cooler on my car be okay?

From the pic of that radiator on summits site, it looks like that radiator is designed for manual trans cars, it does not come with any fittings to hook up your trans cooler lines for your AOD. Unless you run a huge auxillary trans cooler you are going to have to get a radiator that is designed for an auto trans car.

extozy said:
that is the exact radiator i just ordered, will it be sufficient. i have an AOD also, will the transmission cooler on my car be okay?

I have that same radiator sitting in my garage waiting for my Ramcharger's electric fan for install. It does not have a trans cooler, I didn't know you had an AOD. I don't know what you will need to do. Sorry.

Those radiators are awesome. I put a 24*19 in my 65 and it kept it WAY cooler than an aftermarket 3-core brass unit. The 65 had a c-4 with shift kit/stall in it and I ran a b&m heavy duty plate style tranny cooler in it. It actually kept the transmission very cool, much cooler than the old radiotor/trans cooler combo.