radiator

manny

Founding Member
Dec 5, 2001
TAMPA FL
where can we buy a new radiator? i have a 1976 V8 mustang but i would like to put in the 1978 style with the filler on top of the radiator. if not a stock one has anyone used an aluminum one? also p/n would help and maybe a pic:D

• Sponsors (?)

Last one I bought was throught the local radiator shop and was made by Modine. It was a 3 row using 1/2" cores. It's a '78 style with the cap on the tank. I'll see if I can dig up a part number.
Many moons ago I had gotten one from Ready-Rad through a partshouse, but not sure if they are still around. I'm almost 100% positive that you can still get the Modine units.

currently on eBay mustang-corral-inc is selling a Mustang II radiator for $479.95 with the filler on the unit itself, he says he has 3 in stock, blus $24.95 for shipping, for that much I recon you can drop a generic alumininininoom one and have money left over for a six pac

here's the pic of it, and the link to the auction

radiator.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/74-75-76-77-78-Ford-Mustang-II-Radiator-302-engine-only-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem22f0e92926QQitemZ150070700326QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Maybe a standard photo of "A" radiator.

That photo is not at all like my radiator.

My tanks are on top and bottom with a cap on top.

As Dano 78 said... I think mine is a Modine. I bought it 20+ Years ago from a Radiator shop.

I got mine new from Autozone a couple years ago. Don't remember what I paid, seems like it was somewhere around $250. Filler neck on the top tank, 3 row, provisions for the auto trans lines.