Electrical Radio Harness Wireing Diagram 89 Lx 5.o

omarimoe

May 4, 2014
One of my stangs 2 previous owners decided it was a good idea to cut up the factory harness and splice in randome colored wires for the radio. It is a mess and im trying to at least get an idea of what is what so I might be able to get some tunes back in the car. Also not sure if it was a factory premium sound car or not so if there is any surefire way to tell that would be great.

• Sponsors (?)

No info about your car's model year, EFI or carb, no mods listed. Makes it hard to troubleshoot when we don't know what you have.

Therefore, no clue as to which wiring diagram you need. The wiring changed several times between 79 & 95.

That's why it is a good idea to use the sig under the user control panel (User CP) option. It allows you to post your car year & mods, which help greatly when troubleshooting things. No, it is not there for us to snoop and see any "Secrets" you have hidden away under the hood. Be a good stangnetter and update you sig for future reference & don't keep us guessing.

Will do never occurred to me before, but for now its an 89 lx 5.0, from what I can tell its an original v8 car 5 spd efi and mods for now are intake and exhaust.

You're in luck...

PM me your email address and I will send you a complete Ford Factory 89 Mustang electrical diagram set. The zip file is 2.5 MB and is too big to fit through Stangnet's email gateway.
89 Mustang wiring diagrams zip package–

They are in a zip file format to reduce the size of the package. If you don't have Windows 7 or Windows 8, you’ll need WinZip or other Windows archive tool to extract them from the zip file.. See www.majorgeeks.com - Download Freeware and Shareware Computer Utilities for a free download.
The diagrams show the location area and the connectors are drawn to the same shape as those in the car.
You will need the Adobe Acrobat viewer which is also a free download – www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html - Adobe Reader download - All versions