Radio time! Polk audio?

Discussion in 'Mustang Sound & Shine All' started by Mstg05, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Mstg05

Mstg05 Member

Im going to be installing a new radio system in my 2004 mustang with mach 460. Ive already decided on a Pioneer AVH-P3300BT head unit. I have an exile 4 ch amp that I'll be running. Im undecided on speakers. Doing some poking around on crutchfield I found a set of polk audio mm6501 (Polk Audio MM6501 6-3/4" component speaker system — also fits 6-1/2" openings at Crutchfield Signature) component speakers. They are 6.5 inch speaker. They seem to get pretty damn good reviews, Im just concerned about fitment (including depth) and I've never used polk audio products. Any advice? I have no problem modifying the door openings for fitment, but if its not worth it, I won't do it. IF these are not reccomended, please reccomend something to me. I've seen one reccomendation via a search on these forums for infinity kappa 5x7, but ive heard mixed things about infinity. I understand one of them (reference vs kappa) sound better amped. I'm not an audiophile, but I do listen to alot of music and know the difference between good sound and bad. I don't want to break the bank on a set of front component speakers. Maybe no more than 250ish.