Radio works but,

• Sponsors (?)

get another radio from a fellow stangnetter or go aftermarket... most people are willing to give those things away cause there not really worth much...i think the last 2 i had i threw in the garbage cause i couldnt even give em away at the time...i dont think your going to be able to repair it...

Ditch it...I have 3 junk radios that I tried to fix with no sucess. I do have a 2yr electronics degree, so it's not like I have no idea of what to do.

I have Blaupunkt MP37 radio I got from Crutchfield that I really like. The harness kit that comes with the radio made it a simple swap.

IIRC I had one of those apart many many (like 15) years ago. Perhaps Jrichker can confirm it, but there is a bulb for the display illumination. IIRC in this case the display did work but you had to hold the radio just right to see it. And in said case, the bulb was the issue.

If your display itself ate poop, I'd not wanna even bother. There's a ribbon and some other crap in there that would be a pain to trace.

I find the radios a PITA to reach anyhow - getting one with a remote is nice.

Good luck.

IIRC I had one of those apart many many (like 15) years ago. Perhaps Jrichker can confirm it, but there is a bulb for the display illumination. IIRC in this case the display did work but you had to hold the radio just right to see it. And in said case, the bulb was the issue.

If your display itself ate poop, I'd not wanna even bother. There's a ribbon and some other crap in there that would be a pain to trace.

I find the radios a PITA to reach anyhow - getting one with a remote is nice.

Good luck.

Hissin's right about the light bulb. There is a pea sized slide base glass bulb that backlights the display. That's what started my original problem. The front panel is connected to the radio by a multi conductor film connector. It is very fragile and hard to solder if you break the connection between the copper on the film and the PC board. After several attempts to repair and replace the multi conductor film connector, I gave up and bought a new radio.