ran at the track tonight! 7.68 @ 83.20MPH

jackchan

Oct 17, 2004
Mobile Alabama
I figured I'd get this rear end deal back together and go down and bracket race my car (yea its a manual trans) ...so I ran a best of 7.68 @83.20 MPH with a 1.87 60 ft on the BFG's.......our local track is 60ft shorter than the true 660ft of a true 1/8 mile..but still all in all a good night.
Ben

• Sponsors (?)

whats up Speeds8erM-1? yea we should get together and go to atmore every now and again. Actually that is my first time to pull the racecar with my explorer, I had to wire up my trailer lights...so now hopefully the track will come more regular....I just hate going to Atmore when they are having the nationals. lol

I'll be picking up a 1992 Explorer body today to build into a bracket mochine. IT should be fun...I have an old 351W sitting around and a soon to be freshly rebuild C-4 for it. Anyone up for a WHEELS up Xplorer?? :) coming soon!!!:D

I'll post the video (from last night) my 7 year old took but its just a burnout, then the memory was full on the camera.

here is a video clip of my first burnout...cut short because of the memory in my camera was low. And a couple of a guy who crashed his Chevy II head on into the way on his way to a 6.15 pass...

MOV06156.MPG

DSC06157.JPG

DSC06158.JPG

and one of Matthew and his new girlfriend (thats my boy)

DSC06159.JPG

jackchan said:
whats up Speeds8erM-1? yea we should get together and go to atmore every now and again. Actually that is my first time to pull the racecar with my explorer, I had to wire up my trailer lights...so now hopefully the track will come more regular....I just hate going to Atmore when they are having the nationals. lol

I'll be picking up a 1992 Explorer body today to build into a bracket mochine. IT should be fun...I have an old 351W sitting around and a soon to be freshly rebuild C-4 for it. Anyone up for a WHEELS up Xplorer?? :) coming soon!!!:D

I'll post the video (from last night) my 7 year old took but its just a burnout, then the memory was full on the camera.

"the nationals" hahaha, it's not that bad, it was hooking pretty good a couple weeks ago. My buddy's 408 02 WS6 was BOGGING off the line at 6000 RPM's, it's a little undergeared but still! You can get alotttt of runs in too. I pulled a 1.55 60 ft in my friend's 98 Z28 auto car out there, best I had been in it before was a 1.59 at Emerald Coast.

Where is there a full 1/4 mile track at in Alabama? I ran last night at Winston county, and then today at Fulton Ms. A bunch of us are going to Byhalia Ms next weekend. Just got my 89 notch last weekend and trying to learn to drive it, Had a good day today, made it to the third round ,but fell asleep at the tree .649 light,and broke out trying to catch an 88 notch.

Speeds8erM-1 said:
Montgomery if it's not too far from you is a 1/4 mile, so is Gulfport in Mississippi.

Gulfport is a full 1/4 ? Great! I'm working in Biloxi for a couple more weeks, maybe Ill just tow the car down there with me. I heard they had a track there ,but I didn't know it was a 1/4. Did I here right that they run on wednesday night? I want to see what this car will run in a full quater, it feels pretty strong for a N/A 302. Ran A 6.92 best last night, but that track is either 60' or 30' short depending on who you listen to.Ran a best 7.34 today on a full 1/8 at 89.14 mph.