Ran into a 331 stroker today

• Sponsors (?)

5literstang said:
yea i wouold think a 331 would bout out more then 307 to the wheels...
Not necessarily with his set up. Look at the whole COMBO, not just the size of the motor. He has 302 parts (and all box stock) through an aode which sucks up more power than a stick. Theres more in his set up, but I doubt it'll push more than 315rwhp. His car probably makes some nice low end torque though.

He has some good stuff on his car. Twisted Wedge heads are no punks neither is the Track heat intake nor the cam. He has almost IDENTICAL to my combo and I make 375hp and 410tq. I had to play with the timing and fuel alot to get that high, twstd50 just keep it up.

you said this in another thread- "I have a 347 Stroker motor 9.7-9.8 compression with AFR 185 heads (don't know what CC I got) and ported Edelbrock RPM."
How is that the same combo as you?? What is your exact combo for the record??

Anyway, like I said, he has 302 parts on a bigger inch 331 running through a power robbing aode, he isn't gonna put over 315hp to the tire with that set up. I know TFS heads are awesome and make power, I have them :)

well people do change combo, I figure if AFR heads like Edelbrock RPM better than I guess it would make sense to get some. AFR heads and RPM goes hand and hand, Im pretty sure if I get another dyno soon Im pretty sure I can expect atleast 5 or more rwhp.

So, your running 185 heads, ported rpm intake and a 274 cam? Your making very good power! If you want to make more, consider a custom grind cam and shoot for 400rwhp within the stock rev limiter. Do you run 1 3/4" LT's?

I wanna do a 347 using FTI 'prepped' AFR 185 stroker series heads, rpm 2 intake, FTI cam and 1 3/4" LT's. That'll make at least 400rwhp and make a nice fun street car!!

You gonna use a stock block for all that power? I'd hope not, but if you are, use a main support so when the block splits you can salvage your internals.

And now I hope you see how easy it would have been for you to hit 400rwhp with a 347. You made 375rwhp with tiny 1 5/8" headers and a mismatched comp 274 cam. 1 3/4" headers and a good custom cam would put you easily at 400rwhp. Good luck with the turbo.

i'm looking into getting a 347 but i got gt-40 alum heads on mine right now and dont feel like getting different heads, do u guys think i can use them on a 347 still ? i have TFS track heat intakes, Ecam and GT-40 alum heads and made 264rwhp/280rwtq, on the engine with 170k kms, what should i expect with 347, GT-40 heads ( maybe port them ? ) same intake and custom cam ?

thanks
- Kons

-Im using that size LT because it was free, a friend gave it to me.

-I do have a main girdle.

-This is a track car/ weekend warrior car since I bought another daily driver.

-Im only giving it 7-10PSI of boost that would net me a little above 500RWHP w/ a T70 P Trim so I be okay for a while.

-Why do you say that my cam is a mismatched?

reply about rwhp on 331

hey guys i saw this and i know this is old but ive got an 1989 mustang that has an 331 stroker in it. I had it dynoed awhile back...maybe 4 months ago. It dynoed 423 rwhp so i know this is possible.

hey guys i saw this and i know this is old but ive got an 1989 mustang that has an 331 stroker in it. I had it dynoed awhile back...maybe 4 months ago. It dynoed 423 rwhp so i know this is possible.

Yeah man this was pretty much debunked. Killercanary just dynoed his 331 and ended up over 400hp I think and it is low compression for turbo. You can also see my sig, never been to the dyno but I figure with a 3600lb car going down the track I have to be close to those numbers too.