Random Vibration

Tshusda

Jul 22, 2016
Need help hoping I might get some ideas here.... I have a 1965 restmod-ish coupe... I am getting what feels like a bad wheel vibration but it is only happening at random times. ( although there are roads I can get it to happen on all the time ). Most roads I can go all the way up to full highway speed and faster, hit bumps etc and I'm fine. Other times I will be going even as slow as 35/40 and I start to get a vibration. feels like it might start in the back at first, but very quickly the steering wheel is shaking as well. along with just the entire car. it will continue to get worse and will stay until I can come to a stop. Once I stop, I'm good and most of the time can continue on my way and back up to full speed. Tires are balance. Drive shaft comes to mind but that should be a full time vibration from everthing I can tell, plus I would think a bad bump in the road will make it worse, but it doesn't have any effect. It's a 9 inch rear end, Mustang II front end up grade, drive shaft was new when build back in 2006. Wheels are torque Thrust II's. tires are getting old but still have tread and balance, I don't think a belt in a tire can shift out of wack and then back in when stopped... that doesn't make sense either.

Anyone ever have anything at all like this happen ? even in a non mustang?

Attachments

• IMG_0765.JPG
    IMG_0765.JPG
    377.2 KB · Views: 101
  • Sponsors (?)