Randomly Dying At Idle

Jake11

Sep 24, 2015
So I have 92 5.0. I don't know all the mods but; Upper/lower intake, 80mm TB, 24# injectors, CAI, headers, exhaust, and more that I don't know of. GT 40 heads I think. It tends to die randomly. More so if its not warmed up. Sometimes it will die at idle even after driving it for awhile. Then there are other days that it will idle fine and won't die at all. Any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

Just in case you haven't already seen this...

You guys with idle/stall problems could save a lot of time chasing your tails if you would go through the Surging Idle Checklist. Over 50 different people contributed information to it. The first two posts have all the fixes, and steps through the how to find and fix your idle problems without spending a lot of time and money. It includes how to dump the computer codes quickly and simply as one of the first steps. I continue to update it as more people post fixes or ask questions. You can post questions to that sticky and have your name and idle problem recognized. The guys with original problems and fixes get their posts added to the main fix. :D

It's free, I don't get anything for the use of it except knowing I helped a fellow Mustang enthusiast with his car. At last check, it had more than 159,000 hits, which indicates it does help fix idle problems quickly and inexpensively.