ranger header question

4stanger

Feb 13, 2006
Looking at the header I noticed that it is welded on the INSIDE of the tubes instead of the outside. It appears to be almost impossible to weld on the outside due to the interference of the bolt collars. The bead of the welds are going to significantly reduce the flow of the exhaust. I'm not a metallurgist (biggest word I know) so I don't know how much if any I can remove without effecting the structure. Any thoughts or idea?
Vince

• Sponsors (?)

it really depends on the penetration of the welding that was done. im guessing since its fairly thin metal, that penatration would have had to be a must in order for the metal to bond and for there to have no exaust leaks.

if i were you, i wouldn't do it, i would just wrap that header (can actually increase power belive it or not) instaed of "porting" it. im sure the power gains woudn't be all that great anyway.

I really tend to agree with you about porting. But ya know when we see something like that and everyone talks about smooth flows, you question it. I have no problem showing my ignorance sometimes, what do you mean by wrapping, a thermal wrap to keep the temp up for a quicker exit?
vince