RANT about ford

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvalancheSVT

10 Year Member
Jun 12, 2005
okay i dont know where the hell ford gets off on making it necessary to pull the power steering pump pulley to pull the water pump but whoever engineered it this way needs to be shot

thats just fuggin stupid.

cliffs notes: can't get power steering pulley off and i know its not a 4.6 but nobody with anything seems to frequent the V6 forum so whatever, im ranting because i wish i had a 4.6 that didn't have a squeeky water pump.

• Sponsors (?)

i like how the cliff note is almost as long as the actual statement

it's a good thing you haven't worked on a new Volvo S40. they'll make you want to fly to sweden, find the engineers that designed it, slap them in the mouth, break their kneecaps with a ball peen hammer, jab unsharpened pencils into their eyes, stomp on their throats repeatedly, do the things you mentioned, find any living relatives and repeat:notnice:

most components on these cars say FoMoCo on them btw

did ya try using a power steering pulley puller i belive they sell them at advanced or auto zone

yep, tried it and the whore wont budge at all. i think i'm just going to take it to the shop and tell them to fix the squeek. if i'm overlooking something obvious somebody educate me, ijust dont have time for this crap right now. i got stuff to take care of, i gotta find an apartment in houston, finish up my old job, and prepare for my new career at another company.

the stress level is pretty intense and i'm about to just say screw the squeeky bullcrap.

Wait till you have to take your starter off .... :nonono:

What do you mean? :shrug:

All you have to have is a 13mm 1/4" drive socket, 13mm 1/4" deep-well socket, 13mm swivle socket, universal joint, the smallest socket wrench ever made, 2 18" 1/4" drive extensions, a 3" 1/4" drive extension, a 12-pack of Bud and hands the size of an eight-year-old...

Whats the big deal?? :rolleyes:

What do you mean? :shrug:

All you have to have is a 13mm 1/4" drive socket, 13mm 1/4" deep-well socket, 13mm swivle socket, universal joint, the smallest socket wrench ever made, 2 18" 1/4" drive extensions, a 3" 1/4" drive extension, a 12-pack of Bud and hands the size of an eight-year-old...

Whats the big deal?? :rolleyes:

:lol: :lol:

I just replaced the starter on my wife's Infiniti I30, it was easy as pie. Took out the air box and the starter was right under it. Hardest thing was breaking the mounting bolts loose, nothing a pry bar couldn't handle.

Can't wait to do the Stang's. :jaw:

what gives this guy the right to crap on other people?

Your thread, on stangnet's network, read the terms of service, son, I didn't make them up

You being childish isn't welcome here

if the thread needed to be locked im sure the mods would have done it by now. you're the one pickin a fight, cletus.

what gives this guy the right to crap on other people?

if the thread needed to be locked im sure the mods would have done it by now. you're the one pickin a fight, cletus.

I am one of the mods.. Right now I say it does not need to be locked because I edited your posts.

Tom was asking you to tone down the vulgarity a little bit, sure he should not have said the ricer stuff and maybe the ignorant part but you went off the handle about peoples sisters after that.

If you have a problem with the way I moderate then PM me, do not post it in here

BTW I understand how frustrating working on cars can be since I do this for a living. My suggestion on the P/S pulley is to soak the snout with some PB blaster or something similar and let it sit. Then when you remove it with the puller you will have to use some elbow grease these things are really pressed on hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.