rant/vent RPM outlet and Thieves

ANGRMNGT

Aug 26, 2004
NC
Some of you might remember last month i made a post complaining about the RPM outlet mail order system. Basicaly you use there internet ordering system and its seperate from there sales department. I ordered a set of FRPP 4:10's and i got Motive gears sent to me.

When you order something they send you an invoice that informs you that ALL returns and problems need to be handled thru E-mail. and they give you the [email protected] address. Well, I sent Emails to that address for close to 5 days with no responce. Then i went to there other help email address and sent emails to it for another 5 days with no responce from either. A call to there sales department yielded me the same information that i all ready had. I need to use the email system.

I work out of state from time to time and dont realy have the means or ability to play this telephone tag or email chasing. So the following weekend when i got home I figured i would try one last time before i gave up and just reported them to the BBB. About 3 weeks has past by and I sent them a not so friendly mildly threatening email and ta-***n-da i get my first email responce. A E-mail stating to call them and ask for extention 323. NO TELEPHONE NUMBER WAS GIVEN.

It was after sales hours and i was going to try that number the next day. I also was getting ready to go out of town for the week. So I was going to leave the gears with a friend of mine and try to contact them and hopefully finally resolve this mess and they could have UPS pick up the gears from his house. So that night i load up my work truck with the stuff i need for the trip as to save time in the morning.

As im getting ready to go to bed i hear a noise outside and the neighbors dogs barking. I look out side and these 2 white guys are digging all thru my work truck. I yelled out the window as i seen them run back to their full size white chevy truck. I sprint down stairs to grab my keys and chase after them. But, of course the one spot i put my keys every fn time i come home... and my wife had cleaned up the area and moved my keys.

So by now I am raging and decided to call the police. Told them the situation and they pretty much could care less. Benefit of living in a large city i guess. Cops are to busy with there click it or ticket campaign to bother checking out some real crimes. They just informed me to report the incedent to another number in the morning after 8am. They take your information, never send a cop to the scene and tell you how to get a copy of the report. Lazy bastards.

So now I'm out some tools and my gears, and i drive thru town looking at every white chevy pick up wondering if thats them. I was very excited to get the gears. Now I guess I'll try and save up the cash to do it again, after i replace my work tools.

I guess tryn to save $30-50 using a mail order company on the internet wasnt worth the trouble. I shouldnt have loaded up my truck till it was time to leave, and cops in large cities would rather sit on the side of the road in bumper to bumper traffic thats going 10 mph and write people seatbelt tickets then show up at your house and fill out a police report.

have a nice day

• Sponsors (?)

I had placed an order with RPM Outlet a few years ago for my headlights and 2 months later i had none so i sent a few nasty emails with the threat of physical violence and wouldn't you know it...3 days later my lights were at my door. First and last order through them.

Now about the theft/police man that just sucks. It does seem that police are getting more lazy as i get older but i have had the same thing happen to me where my car was robbed and i witnessed it...my g/f was on the phone with the police while i was chasing them with my bat and the cops came instantly and caught the guys about 2 miles away so i can't complain. I got those criminals good too...i had a friend who owned a shop write me up huge damage receipts and said they shorted out my entire electrical system then i presented this to the Judge at their hearing and he made them pay me thousands $$$$
I honestly would have rather caught them and beat them with my bat but the free money was nice.

Sounds like the same rants I see over on NLOC or SVTPerformance about RPM Outlet. I had a problem getting my Bassani catback from them right before christmas. If you call them they aren't much more help either, asked for their manager and they said they didn't have one. Pretty obvious by how poorly things are run over there. It's a shame, they have great deals but it's kind of hit or miss as to whether you wil get what you order.