Rate 94-95 Stangnet..Then/Now

4Jenna

Founding Member
Sep 12, 2001
AZ
If your new...no need to post here

On a 1-10 scale (1=crappy and 10=Way better)...how does Stangnet, our 94-95 rooms compare to the old Stangnet of say 1-2 years ago.

I miss it, I dont even really come here anymore.

My Vote

• Sponsors (?)

Speed_Demon1965 said:
WTF is wrong with you?

:bs:

Nuthin..this is talk

I'm talkin, i think this place has fell off. I use to come here daily..addicted.
Now, not much to this place...and all the oldschoolers I dont see posting alot.
Vib....yellow...redsnk....and most have just dissapeared.

Why u wanna fight over it...its post like yours.

well 1-2 yeras ago it was like this

thumper heads wont go 12s let alone stock heads (even thouigh dark pony had already done it stock heads and cam.

and the only heads worth spending any money on were AFRs and you had to get an Ed curtis cam too.

well today a few have learned that there is another cam grinder... jay allen and AFM despite their greta cars still makes "off the shelf cams" that arent as good becaus ethey arent custom

oh yeah and i went 12.81 on stock heads

and now have a GT40P setup that i put together so anyone could copy for cheap and make power that some people spend thousands on. that was the gpooal with the setup.

Maybe more peopel will see what us knowledgeable gt40p guys are doing and follow a road less traveled

oh and i still want an S trim :) just 1 more year....

One thing i like to see on stangnet is ALOT of the guys are finally getting their heads cam setups, even if they arent all making great power, they are moving in the right direction.

I'll say a 9.23 before and a 5.77 now. There are way to many posts about what shifter should I get? How do I check my oil? Where do you put the gas in the car at? Do a search people. Whenever I wonder about something ill come on here and other sites and do a search and read like 10 pages of responses. :flag:

Before it was a 10. Now I give it a 4. Not all due to stangnets new format (which I'm not keen on), but more to the lack of information. I've probably posted not more than 3 times in tech since they changed it, but then again that could be due to my recent loss of interest in my 95. If I ask about something technical or for a review on something, half the answers are from those who have no experience from what is in the question. I still like it better here than say the corral and such. Hopefully the site in my sig will take of some day.

i like bull****ting in the talk section, but before i loved reading good info in the tech. Now it seems like theres no good info being swapped, and the only thing to do it cut up in the talk. I get more info from talking to people on AIM now than i do in the tech.

Before 10
Now 2

The thread is confusing b/c do you mean the content of the threads or the setup of the new 94/95 talk and tech ( when it was one before)

I like it better in the aspect that it is now seperate b/c it keeps the shifter X pipe VS H pipe out of the tech ( to a point )

As far as old schoolers not posting as much thats not stangents fault if they decide not to post as often. Even though there are alot of noob threads I dont think its enough to drive people away.

I dont mind the noob threads b/c it makes me realize how much Ive learned since Ive been on here. Im no longer the resident idiot :D

I dont know why but since the crash i'm lucky if I'm on a couple of times a week. The talk section is cool it just seems that it's not like a big family anymore. I had a few hundred posts the month before the crash I think the month after I had 5 :shrug:

Then...10 in terms of the people and interesting tech stuff.

Now... 1-2 maybe. I spend a lot more time just reading and searching old corral and hardcore50 threads.

The tech just isn't "tech enough" anymore.

Snoozer, not picking a fight, but just to clarify... there is still no thumper heads in the 12's (its not that it isn't possible, but the arguments were that it wasn't a proven bolt them on and go 12 second combo like thumper always made it out to be), you and dark pony are some of the VERY few to have run 12's on the stock heads (though you two helped proved it was possible when a lot of people, including myself were highly doubtful it could be done in something other than a drag car).

The Gt40P head has been noted for years as being one hell of a bang for the buck head and there have been 11 second combos in foxes with them for years now. I think its great guys are going fast with a relatively cheap and abundant head. I was going to go this route with my '90, but I was worried about header problems with the eventual turbo setup I planned for it.

As for cam grinders, there are a lot of competent cam grinders out there... Buddy, etc. The reason Ed has been brought up so much is because of his R&D work he has done with AFR, and the results that members here have had with him, myself included. Why is it a bad thing when people go with what works when they are shelling out thousands of dollars? As for Jay Allen, I have nothing good or bad to say because I have no personal experience with him, and I'd like to see how his theories play out, but I haven't seen a car yet on hardcore, the corral, etc to prove his big head, small cam theories yet. There have been a few LONG topics recently on this subject and the reading is good if you can decifer the BS from the good info. It made me think a lot I'll tell you that!

Honestly, I miss the debates (even thought they were usually heated) on heads, etc. I think more knowledge was gained by everyone here when they occured. Despite if people dislike the AFR/FTI pro discussions here, I feel a LOT of people learned more than just what gears and cat back to buy? Don't you agree? If we all did the same thing we won't learn much and better ALL of our knowledge. Despite what everyone says, there are still more NON AFR/FTI customers on here than there are with. I love reading about you and others progress with the GT40P setups, I 'm watching a few other's combos on here too to see how they play out. I TOTALLY agree that its great that more and more people here are turning up the wick and getting faster. I just hope a few of the guys that are trapping 108+ would do a little more work on getting the power to the ground and see how many 11 second NA cars we can get on here.

Anyone want to start a heated debate on piston speed and cylinder head flow?!?!? :D

Killercanary said:
Honestly, I miss the debates (even thought they were usually heated) on heads, etc. I think more knowledge was gained by everyone here when they occured. Despite if people dislike the AFR/FTI pro discussions here, I feel a LOT of people learned more than just what gears and cat back to buy? Don't you agree? If we all did the same thing we won't learn much and better ALL of our knowledge. Despite what everyone says, there are still more NON AFR/FTI customers on here than there are with. I love reading about you and others progress with the GT40P setups, I 'm watching a few other's combos on here too to see how they play out. I TOTALLY agree that its great that more and more people here are turning up the wick and getting faster. I just hope a few of the guys that are trapping 108+ would do a little more work on getting the power to the ground and see how many 11 second NA cars we can get on here.

Anyone want to start a heated debate on piston speed and cylinder head flow?!?!? :D

i too miss the debates, but i am kind of tired./ the problem now is we have some idiots on the forum who dont even own an sn95 who come in with their conservative close minded ideas and outright bash the person making the rebuttle instead of bashing their idea. when they do bash their idea they do it with such conviction that new people actually consture this as the truth and someone who knows what the hell they are talking about. Of course they dont. you know who i am talking about, these are the peopel that will argue 4.10s are too much for all motor but have no experience. These are the peopel that will never be as fast as you and I mod for mod.

I am sorry i kind of threw in the towell on working for the 11s. i just took the car out on street tires as soon as the combo was together in warm air and saw what it would do. I dont have much left in school and tuition and room and board is going to be outrageous on my wallet. i needed to eliminate distraction and focus on my school so i can get out. i think i will post another thread for some inputon what peopel think i should do for now. I sold my welds and got black deep dish bullits and am going handling... as was the plan anyway once i had my power adder. and that should come within a year as i graduate in december.

I would have loved to put up a dirty trick flow combo but unfortunately the guy ran off with my money. as you can see what i did with the P heads imagine my trick flow combo.

Hey snoozer, I don't have a 94/95, but can I post in here? :D

I don't remember exactly how the tech was 2 years ago. I'm lucky I can remember what I did yesterday. But I think its safe to say, like other guys have said (paul, davis) that tech has definatly deteriated. Lots of younger guys still in high school with stock cars recommending heads/cam combos :confused: Too many people still beleiving internet myths, though I try to crush them best I can. And I agree with snoozer about guys liking to disagree and post their opinions as fact, but fact is their wrong and most of them are slow.

I liked seeing Pauls car get faster and faster over the years. I also liked seeing snoozers stock headed car just as fast as many h/c/i cars.

Good I'm not the only one. I guess I just miss the older stangnet..like 2 years ago (not the format, I could careless about that) just the threads, people, there was always informational threads...and tons of good tech to read.