Rattling Clutch Pedal

2MustangGTS

Jul 1, 2015
1989 Ford Mustang GT Conv 5spd. New clutch and bearing put in late last year, maybe 3000 miles since installation. The clutch pedal started to rattle when in gear and not when I apply a little pressure. Shifts fine, but not sure why? Throw out bearing gone or????? The rattle is like the pedal is loose, but it isn't and only does it when the pedal is not depressed. No noise when engaging the clutch. NO noise if a little pressure is applied, kinda like taking any slack out?

• Sponsors (?)

mine did same thing after new clutch, I had to buy a clutch quadrant and adjuster and just make adjustments every few months still happens to this day I ithink it is because they lied and didn't rebalance my flywheel.. just what I think.

I had the same problem once. After clutch install, the pedal rattled more and more. Engagement was fine, only when disengaged did I have the problem. Turns out that during the install some of the pressure plate fingers were bent and making continual contact with the tob, got worse until the tob retainer broke from the oscillations. May not be your issue, but a possibility none the less. I drew it out by adjusting the cable every time it would get worse.