Read this please HIV warning!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

saleen137

Nov 11, 2003
Bellflower
Hey guys im posting this because were all a family and this would suck if it happened to you, if you didn't even know. It's the real deal. You guys can move this or close the thread but i just wanted everyone to know.

HIV Warning

Warning: look at the gas pump handle BEFORE you pump your gas. Please
read and forward to anyone you know who drives a car.

My name is Captain Abraham Sands of the Jacksonville, Florida Police
Department. I have been asked by state and local authorities to write
this email in order to get the word out to car drivers of a very
Dangerous prank that is occurring in numerous states. Some person or
persons have been affixing hypodermic needles to the underside of gas
pump Handles!

These needles appear to be infected with HIV positive blood. In the
Jacksonville area alone there have been 17 cases of people being stuck
by these Needles over the past five months.

We have verified reports of at
least 12 others in various states
around the country. It is believed that these may be copycat incidents
due
to
someone reading about the crimes or seeing them reported on the
television.

At this point no one has been arrested and catching the perpetrator(s)
has

become our top priority.

Shockingly, of the 17 people who where stuck, eight have tested HIV
positive
and because of the nature of the disease, the others could test
positive
in a
couple years.

Evidently the consumers go to fill their car with gas, and when
picking up the pump handle get stuck with the infected needle.

IT IS IMPERATIVE TO CAREFULLY CHECK THE HANDLE of the gas pump each
time you use one. LOOK AT EVERY SURFACE YOUR HAND MAY TOUCH, INCLUDING
UNDER THE HANDLE!

If you do find a needle affixed to one, immediately contact your local
police
department so they can collect the evidence.

PLEASE HELP US BY MAINTAINING A VIGILANCE AND BY
FORWARDING THIS EMAIL

TO ANYONE YOU KNOW WHO DRIVES. THE MORE PEOPLE WHO KNOW OF THIS THE
BETTER

PROTECTED WE CAN ALL BE.

Rose Lambert, Chief Aide to Supervisor Gerry Hyland
Mount Vernon District 2511 Parkers Lane Alexandria, VA 22306

PLEASE READ THIS AND PASS IT ON TO EVERYONE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK!!!!
Felita M. Barber
Volt Services, Technical Division/3M
651-737-1811 wk.

Juan J. Sanchez
Chief Investigator
915-546-2090

• Sponsors (?)

Not to flame the original poster but, these hoaxes get spread like wildfire. There are lots of sites where you can check these things out before you send them on. Not only will it save all of us some bandwidth, it may prevent some idiot who reads it from getting the brilliant idea to go out and try it himself. I have yet to see an email of this nature that is NOT a hoax.

i just got the email from my friend in new york who actually did encounter this, but alot of people are saying it's fake but believe what you want i really don't care for a moment i did think it was real but who knows if it is or it's not. I think people read this and copy cat what actually was written on the emails. (administrator) close this if you want.

saleen137 said:
i just got the email from my friend in new york who actually did encounter this, but alot of people are saying it's fake but believe what you want i really don't care for a moment i did think it was real but who knows if it is or it's not. I think people read this and copy cat what actually was written on the emails. (administrator) close this if you want.
there are varied stories too, like ones in movie theatres (the seat cushions)
and restaurant bathrooms (dunno where :confused: )

Common man!!! Get a clue! Are you new to the Internet at least? Never had email before? There's gotta be an excuse.

A GOOD thing to to is Highlight then copy a few lines of the text, then paste it into a google search box. The search results should help you figure out if it's true or not.

saleen137 said:
no i'm not new to the internet, and like i said believe what you want i don't care, if it's a hoax it's a hoax. I thought it was real becuase i never heard of this and i never knew that it came out in 2000.
if you can find a reputable news source with this info, then you should post it :)
if you get it in an email, email the person back and call them an idiot.

My cousins, girlfriends, dads, vertrinarians, secretary heard from a guy, who knows a girl, whos uncle shopped at a gorcery store, where a guy worked whos brother knew someone that had this happen.

The HIV virus cannot survive outside the body for long. 99.9% of HIV strains can only survive a few hours outside the body. Studies have showed that the longest it may survive is about 4 hours, and that was with a genetically altered SUPER-HIGH concentration of the virus which is extremely rare. The levels that were used are so rare, in fact, that even less than HALF the amount used in 4-hour experiments has ever been found in a human body. So basically, you need a BIG syringe infected with LARGE amounts af the HIV virus (rarely found in the levels required) to stick someone with an "opportunistic advantage" (weak immune system, etc.) within a few minutes to even be possibly infected. Even then, there is a bout a 1 in 1000 chance of successful infection.

Cliffs notes: It's just not going to happen.

I did a little research ;)

Solid Snake said:
The HIV virus cannot survive outside the body for long. 99.9% of HIV strains can only survive a few hours outside the body. Studies have showed that the longest it may survive is about 4 hours, and that was with a genetically altered SUPER-HIGH concentration of the virus which is extremely rare. The levels that were used are so rare, in fact, that even less than HALF the amount used in 4-hour experiments has ever been found in a human body. So basically, you need a BIG syringe infected with LARGE amounts af the HIV virus (rarely found in the levels required) to stick someone with an "opportunistic advantage" (weak immune system, etc.) within a few minutes to even be possibly infected. Even then, there is a bout a 1 in 1000 chance of successful infection.

Cliffs notes: It's just not going to happen.

I did a little research ;)
i hope you were doing research to debunk the hoax and not for other reasons
:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.