Real control arms on clearance anyone run them?

• Sponsors (?)

I disagree, Ive seen many different kinds of the basic tubular arms, they're all the same, IMO

ya that's your opinion,but they are cheap junk regardless.maybe good for a stock car or for looks Hm...I guess those can put maximum motorsports, BBRC and TRZ out of business then huh?:shrug:
Also the earlier UPR stuff had many failures that were worked out since then.

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR PERIOD.

like 9 bucks each

here
nice, just went to the zone and grabed a set:nice:

ya that's your opinion,but they are cheap junk regardless.maybe good for a stock car or for looks Hm...I guess those can put maximum motorsports, BBRC and TRZ out of business then huh?:shrug:
Also the earlier UPR stuff had many failures that were worked out since then.

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR PERIOD.
well, Im sure there are some janky ones out there, but I have a set of these summit ones sitting right in front of me, they look fine, welds are good, bushings fit tight, lenght is perfect, I think it'd be pretty stupid to buy some of the $200 or whatever ones out that are identical, IDK, just throwing my opinion out there:nice:

have you installed those axel bushings yet? I just made a puller tool, gonna do mine tomorrow

bought new upper's, J&M's, only $35(score!) they look real good, came with poly bushings, gonna put them in, if they bind at all I'll swap them for rubber ones.think it'll be ok since the axel bushings will be rubber

have you installed those axel bushings yet? I just made a puller tool, gonna do mine tomorrow

bought new upper's, J&M's, only $35(score!) they look real good, came with poly bushings, gonna put them in, if they bind at all I'll swap them for rubber ones.think it'll be ok since the axel bushings will be rubber

Not yet i started workin 7 10s so its gotta wait and im driving it to work

shouldnt bind and congrats on tha score

nice, just went to the zone and grabed a set:nice:

well, Im sure there are some janky ones out there, but I have a set of these summit ones sitting right in front of me, they look fine, welds are good, bushings fit tight, lenght is perfect, I think it'd be pretty stupid to buy some of the $200 or whatever ones out that are identical, IDK, just throwing my opinion out there:nice:

they are not identical, first off the $200+ ones are spherical bearinged on one end and a MUCH better type of urethane on the other second most of arms are NOT the same length as ive seen them be as mush off as 1/2", and welds may look good but i wouldnt be surprised if you cut those things in half and they didnt have full weld penetration on them, so i have to agree with whats stated before, you get what you pay for

they are not identical, first off the $200+ ones are spherical bearinged on one end and a MUCH better type of urethane on the other second most of arms are NOT the same length as ive seen them be as mush off as 1/2", and welds may look good but i wouldnt be surprised if you cut those things in half and they didnt have full weld penetration on them, so i have to agree with whats stated before, you get what you pay for

Better urethane? ok got any proof? Summit racing is a stand up company and would not sell junk. I have been buying parts from them since before you could walk without any problems. Are there better control arms out there, yes of course. These will work fine for most mild set ups, compare them to the stamped steel stock junk with 20 years of use on them.

I am looking forward for mine to arrive.

Better urethane? ok got any proof? Summit racing is a stand up company and would not sell junk. I have been buying parts from them since before you could walk without any problems. Are there better control arms out there, yes of course. These will work fine for most mild set ups, compare them to the stamped steel stock junk with 20 years of use on them.

I am looking forward for mine to arrive.

you can tell by the feel of the urethane when handling them,plus the 3 piece desing is much better than a 1 or 2 piece simply for bind, look im not saying they arent better than the stock ****, cause im sure they are far better than stuff thats worn and tattered, but dont think the are on the same level with MM, griggs and team Z, cause they arent, thats what im defending here, not saying those arms are totally crap they just arent the same level as the upper brands like people are saying

you can tell by the feel of the urethane when handling them,plus the 3 piece desing is much better than a 1 or 2 piece simply for bind, look im not saying they arent better than the stock ****, cause im sure they are far better than stuff thats worn and tattered, but dont think the are on the same level with MM, griggs and team Z, cause they arent, thats what im defending here, not saying those arms are totally crap they just arent the same level as the upper brands like people are saying

Imma rockem nehow :D

how'd the install on the axel bushings go? I couldnt get the metel housing out, I ended up just pulling the rubbers out then used the bushings from the summit lowers I just took off.

my rear suspension is awesome now

I took the whole rearend out for the control arm swap and gear change to 3.73s. The metal shells were a pita i had a big fuggin hammer and chisel 2 im just glad its over still doing the brakes i have it all back in but should finish it up in the morning.

did you run sway bar?