Real Fast Question

• Sponsors (?)

I would probably try to use something like a credit card(youll probably need something bigger I'm not sure how large the stripes are)maybe a hard piece or cardboard and as you peel off the sticker and apply it to the car push down with the credit card or whatever you use. This should get the air bubbles out. With the long sidewinder stripes it might be easier to have a friiend help out.

i agree, use the method that guys that apply vinyl. they just try to work out any small air bubbles as you apply it. work them toward the edges of the stripes. try to be careful not to scratch them as you apply.

ps did you get the grey or black? do they have a glossy or flat finish?

i was thinking of these, but dont know how they would look with my body kit.

still debating :nice:

I got Silver - thought the sun-friendly color would last longer than Black stripes.

You'd just install the stripes dry? Or would you soak down the area with a water bottle w/ a couple drops of soap added?

ADRENLN said:
i agree, use the method that guys that apply vinyl. they just try to work out any small air bubbles as you apply it. work them toward the edges of the stripes. try to be careful not to scratch them as you apply.

ps did you get the grey or black? do they have a glossy or flat finish?

i was thinking of these, but dont know how they would look with my body kit.

still debating :nice:

BuffaloZone said:
I got Silver - thought the sun-friendly color would last longer than Black stripes.

You'd just install the stripes dry? Or would you soak down the area with a water bottle w/ a couple drops of soap added?

Never EVER try and put on large graphics dry. Trust me, I do this for a living. Always soak the area where the graphic will be, AND the back of the graphic with soapy water. Also, clean the area with rubbing alcohol and maybe even acrysol before soaking it with soapy water and applying the graphic. Good luck :nice:

CManT1914 said:
Never EVER try and put on large graphics dry. Trust me, I do this for a living. Always soak the area where the graphic will be, AND the back of the graphic with soapy water. Also, clean the area with rubbing alcohol and maybe even acrysol before soaking it with soapy water and applying the graphic. Good luck :nice:

:stupid:

That is an easy way to screw it up.There is no adjusting if it is dry.:(

CManT1914 said:

I just wanted to repeat this to make sure you got it, based on the "dry apply" suggestions posted for some reason above. If you try to do it dry, you will most certainly ruin the decal and get so frustrated that you will end up kicking a large dent in your quarter panel.

The soapy water method lets you slide the decal around to your heart's content and get each and every bubble out. I use a soft plastic/rubber squeegee to smooth everything out. It helps to have a buddy help you too.

Good luck! Post pics when you're done!

This is an old thread but I have a question regarding stripes. I have 10 inch racing stripes on my car now and I've decided that I'd like to do the front bumper to finish off the look. The only problem is that it looks pretty difficult to lay the vinyl because of all the curves in the bumper. I was gonna use the soapy water approach like I did with the rest of the stripes...works like a charm. Is it possible to do? And how hard would it be?

GT98 said:
Thanks for the link...but that decal is on transfer tape. My stripes arent set up like that. But man would it make things a whole lot easier lol
i have a steeda sidewinder stripe at home i know what u mean. basically what i think you should do is tape it to the car exactly how you want it. put pieces of tape above and below and all around and draw three hashes across the tape and onto the back of the sticker to use as references. then soak the side of the car and slide the sticker into place ontop of the soapy slippery liquid and let it sit in the sun for awhile.

i like to put on decals dry...ive never tried something so large but for windshield banners:
tape off in sections of a few feet maybe at most large vertical pieces of tape...peel back the sticker to that stop point and peel off the bottom then squeegee the sticker forward. peel off the stop point [vertical tape] and go back to the next point and squeegee forward. and so on until you get to the end. i think stickers go on dry easier but thats just me...good luck