Real Review by Actual GT500 Owner

dbk

Founding Member
Oct 15, 2000
currently in michigan
Holy cow has it been a long time since I posted here. Well, in any case, I a guy I know just got his GT500 and did a mini-first review. I know a lot of people are anxious to see what these things are like in the real world. He's also currently got an early 05 Ford GT, a blown SRT-10 coupe, a Ferrari F430, a BMW Z8, an AMG SL65, etc. So his frame of reference is pretty good when it comes to hot cars. The GT500 is his going to be his DD.

Read the review

P.S, if anybody on here remembers me, last time I must have been here I had gotten an 02 Z06 about 4-5 years ago. For what it's worth, I've hauled ass in the GT500 a few times and it's about as fast as my 02 Z06 was. About 3 weeks ago I got an 06 Ford GT. I'd like to thank :SNSign: as the site that pretty much launched my infatuation with fast cars.

• Sponsors (?)

Nice read.

Guy in South Florida, apparantly well-off in the bank account area... does he go to a local dealership and bend over? Nope, he strikes a deal in Virginia, and drives 1,100 miles home. Why do I "assume" he got a fair price? Why would anybody fly and drive that far to get a deal they could have gotten local?

It can be done. If your local boys are playing the hard-to-buy game, screw 'em, flying is cheap.

Good read....Is the interior really that good? From the pictures it doesn't look too much more sophisticated than a regular Mustang GT interior.

Either way I am still waiting. For one I can't get one here in Europe until next model year. For two, if I get back to the states, I eventually won't have to fly 4 states away to get one. Not that I would be unwilling to do it.

However reviews like that really do force me to test my self discipline.