Realistic gains for Cobra Intake swap?

hey bloopbloop, you should definetly see some good HP gain with the intake. i see that you have the TB, MAF, and P/P heads. so your intake is acting as a big restriction and you are not using the heads to full potential. Once you put the intake on you should open up the gates of hell and unleash your beast. Good luck and hope this helps.

• Sponsors (?)

hey bloopbloop, you should definetly see some good HP gain with the intake. i see that you have the TB, MAF, and P/P heads. so your intake is acting as a big restriction and you are not using the heads to full potential. Once you put the intake on you should open up the gates of hell and unleash your beast. Good luck and hope this helps.

I second that!

I think it depends on the condition of the car. I did get Ford to send the bigger baffle but never installed it. 2,000 miles later and I havent had to add any oil.

From what I've been able to pick up in sharing my experience with others, the oil consumption problem appears to occur on cars that have aftermarket heads and cam only. Stock headed cars don't seem to suck the oil into the #4 & #8 cylinders like mine and others that I've run across.

One of our cars has an original Cobra intake off a wrecked on, and another has an aftermarket FRPP one (from easily 5-6+ years ago). They are different, but neither has showed any problems.

FRPP didn't start sourcing the Cobra intake from China until about two years ago. The intake you have was the original production run.

+1 A stock intake is a restriction on a stock 5.0! much less one with ported heads and other mods.

I saw your looking at getting a trick flow top end kit next year this is just a thought but you could buy a trick flow intake and next year you could order the trickflow kit minus the intake because you will already have it. I've read that the kits could be bought from summit minus the intake but I would call and check to make sure.

From what I've been able to pick up in sharing my experience with others, the oil consumption problem appears to occur on cars that have aftermarket heads and cam only. Stock headed cars don't seem to suck the oil into the #4 & #8 cylinders like mine and others that I've run across.

Yeah since the FRPP Cobra Intake uses the baffle at the stock HO intake

I love all the people who keep telling him "not to do the intake cause you wont see much gain" BS!!! he should see a good gain. he already has heads, TB, MAF, Exhaust. you might even want to go with injectors also..dunno bout that though. but definatley do the intake, and some gears would be nice also.

Goober - The point is, he is about to get an intake within a year that flows a bit better. I just don't know if it is worth the install trouble and price to do it, if he is going to replace the top half of the engine in less than 12 months:shrug: