really, really unnecessary!

94v6GT

May 13, 2006
Why did ford decide to give us this screwy clutch set up? Other makes do fine with NON ADJUSTABLE set ups. Is the adjustability REALLY worth the hassle to you guys? BTW my clutch birds r chirpin lol

• Sponsors (?)

Agreed. Get a decent aftermarket set-up and be done with it. I would get a GOOD FWA however (I dont think quadrants are as finicky). Some FWA's dont hold their adjustment.

Good luck.

fwa? =firewall adj?

f2cf9faf32af1dad63bb701e6d361900.jpg

so i ask, is it WORTH IT to be adjustable? i guess i feel jipped having to buy even more parts to get what most car owners take for granted: reliable, HASSLE FREE clutch operation CHIRRRRRRRRPPPP :-/

so i ask, is it WORTH IT to be adjustable? i guess i feel jipped having to buy even more parts to get what most car owners take for granted: reliable, HASSLE FREE clutch operation CHIRRRRRRRRPPPP :-/

I honestly never had a problem with my stock setup until the cable let go around 60K miles and 8 years old. The previous owner had damaged it when they put the headers on, and it finally let go about 3 years after that. If you have the stock quadrant, you have to realize it's already 15/16 years old and who knows how many miles. Just a thought.

Scott

Alot of it is in how the cable is routed and what brand the cable is too though. I had a summit one that had too tight a bend, and It was junk, I had alot of problems and eventually snapped it. BUT, it was my own fault in the long run as I had originally put the wrong clutch fork on the car (kit came with a fox length one and was mislabeled....i didn't notice as I had the whole car apart at the time); and it stressed the the cable out.

The ford cable is the best, but I think only the steeda quadrant will let you use it. Your car might have issues due to age, or just a bad previous install + headers.

Where do all these problems come from? I never had a problem with my old stock one after doing the clutch twice :shrug: I mean, there are only like 3 moving parts in the whole thing.

I dont care to deal with bleeding hydraulic clutches, and deal with bad slave cylinders so Im glad my car has a manual setup personally. Once you get it dialed in it is pretty reliable.