Rear Bracket slide pins.

• Sponsors (?)

The seals need to be intact. Use the high temp silcone brake grease to completely fill the void between the pin and the bore.

If the pins keep galling, consider that the seals are not keeping the moisture out. Or the brackets were not cleaned enough in the first place. Think like battery terminals. If not completely cleaned, the stuff will come back.

yep I'm going threw this now with my 98 cobra. I let it sit for 7 months and then tore it apart to build the rear and the slider's are seized up> I cleaned one up nice the other I'm going to have to replace . I had to cut the head off the pin and drill it out of the housing to get it out ( YES I TRIED HEATING IT FIRST) > and after all that , I filled it with 3-36 oil to soften the rust so I could clean the bore for the pin and the housing is cracked and leaked oil all over my box :(
And what really pi$$ me off is I just did brakes on the car before I parked it and they worked fine then.

The seals need to be intact. Use the high temp silcone brake grease to completely fill the void between the pin and the bore.

If the pins keep galling, consider that the seals are not keeping the moisture out. Or the brackets were not cleaned enough in the first place. Think like battery terminals. If not completely cleaned, the stuff will come back.

When you mean seals, do you mean those rubber boots on the pins. I have to get some silicone high temp brake grease, I used antisieze but the galling still happens. My stock quad shocks leaked on my rotors, causing the the rotor to glaze, now I have a squeaking sound. Didn't help that the slide pins were galled. You can get some of this High temp silicone brake grease at any autoparts store?:OT: If your reading this post, keep your quad shocks on or replace them. My LCA's are as stiff as they make them and I still had a quite of bit of wheel hop. Changed my Quads to the KYBs gas adjust, wheel hop gone, now my tires are put to good use. Hugs those corners as well as any all wheel drive vehicle.:flag: