rear brake bleeding problems

iapexl8r

Apr 1, 2005
well i have an 88 mustang with a new factory powerbrake booster, new 95 gt 1 1/16" master cyclinder, proportioning valve (adjusted to full increase also tried full decrease)a mm plug for factory dist block, pbr cobra front calipers, and svo rear calipers.
Now we get to the problem: when I try to bleed the brakes the flow out of the rear brake bleeder screw is minimal at best.
the master cylinder was thoroughly bench bleed prior to starting.
heres what I tried: the way Ive done it for ever, the old lady in the car give the pedal 3 pumps and hold, I open the right rear (thats where Ive always atarted) this was done first with the proportioning valve full increase very little flow out of the right rear bleeder screw. ran the proportioning all the way decrease same result very little flow. also tried opening one of the front caliper bleeder screws(great flow out of the front caliper) left it open wile I tried the rear (this time tried both rears, prop valve back to full increas as per instructions) same results low flow out of rear brakes. the tried removing the e brake cable and zip tieing the e brake lever on the caliper to the full off pos no help. well Iam stumped. am I missing somthing???? thanks in advance. the worst part of it is it is about 80deg clear sunny skys and a I want to do some sunday driving. chris

• Sponsors (?)