Rear Brakes?

Discussion in '1994 - 1995 Specific Tech' started by WMDPALMER, Jan 20, 2003.

1. I have a 95' GT and I am replacing the pads and rotrs on the rear. Do you have to compress the piston back into the caliper or do you somehow "screw" it in? I have done the fronts before on disc brake cars but this is a first rear disc car I have had. Thaks for your help.:p

2. It has to be screwed in because of the design of the caliper. It has to incorparate both regular brakes as well as a parking brake. That's why it's different.

You can get tha special tool to screw them in or you can do what I do and use a pair of needlenose pliers. Just be careful not to slip and shove them through your hand.

3. Thanks for the tip. i will try my best not to jab my hand!:worship:

4. I have a big red dent in my left quarterpanel now. It got there after I rammed the needle nose through my left palm. I then proceeded to jam my right pinkie knuckle back an inch or so on my q panel. Also there is a pair of needle nose pliers imbedded in the sheetrock in my garage.

5. Make sure you line up the notches in the caliper piston with the "dowels" in the pads. It will save you a lot of headache to know this.