Rear Brakes

• Sponsors (?)

sweet thanxs for the help. now what about the rear brake pads for the cobra could i use those on my gt? reason i ask is cus my friend has a 94 cobra pace car and he just gave me a set of new rear brake pads. he had bought em and then his pops got him some performance ones so he gave the other ones to me. will they fit my car?

yes...the only difference is what was said above....the cobras are vented making them slightly thicker but the calipers and pads are the same. throw em on there. I researched this alot before. got different answers everywhere. finally I met a guy with a cobra and We yanked wheels side by side and inspected....same stuff

Pads are not the same, they are thinner to accomodate the vented rotor, I don't think you can use them. Just go to an autoparts store and have them look it up to know for sure.

True. So if I were to get some Cobra brackets and rotors and some thinner Cobra pads, I'd have a Cobra rear brake set-up? Will this fit under my stock 16's? Would I still be able to use my 15" Drag Radials? Please say yes!!!

Killercanary said:
Sorry, I don't knwo the answer to whether or not it will clear your wheels, but yes, that is all you need to do. Check out the link I provided above, there is a TON of info there.

Checked out that link....thanks, good info there. Didn't quite answer the question on the 15" rims, so I guess I'll have to do a little more diggin. thanks again.

sldghmr...to answer your question...yes to all. You can still fit a 15 incher in there. I've ran 15" v-6 wheels on my 94gt and the the brakes are the same between a cobra and a GT. its the fronts that have clearance problems on a cobra....which is why they come with a 17" space saver spare and not the 16 the gt's get. Do the rotor and pad swap and you got a cobra rear brake set up!

Okay guys........I'm still getting that up and down feeling here about the 15"er's. What's the final word? Do I sell my barely used 275/60/15 mounted & balanced Drag radials (for a reasonable fee of course) and parlay that into some 16's or 17's? Do they make a 17" Drag radial? and why don't the caps work on the r key? Hmmmm....

thanks for all the feedback guys. i finished my rear brakes today and decided to say what the hell and bought some cobra rotors to go with my pads. well everything went in with plenty of clearance and i have the stock 16 inchers. as far as for the clearance on the 15" drags, you might be able to get em on there not to sure though. i looked at my wheels and it seems like there'll be room for another half inch on each side, its worth a shot :flag: