rear defroster issue

94GTMOOSE

Jun 27, 2005
jersey shore
OK its 96 degrees outside and i am worried about my rear defroster. i know it sounds a little silly but, it just broke so i want to fix it the right way now so when winter comes around i can see my way out of the driveway to get to my hell hole of a job.

while cleaning my rear windows i noticed that both sides of the defroster have the connections just hanging off. i know that the window has been replaced before. so when they put them on they must of done a chitty job putting them back on.

ok now here is the question? can i just re-soder the wire back, or do i need special stuff?

• Sponsors (?)

Mine has clip on connectors that slide over the terminal on the window defroster. Did the connectors get ripped off the wires, or are they just hanging there waiting to be re-clipped? If I'm not careful when I clean the back window, one of mine will pop off usually.

Scott

You have to make sure the surface is clean for starters. Ford does sell a kit for reattaching them. Works pretty good. Ive seen people do it themselves at home and Ive also seen people bring it to the delaership because sometimes it just wont stick to the glass. Best bet would be to try it and if you cant get it just have a glass place do it right. That way if it ends up falling apart again, its their responsibility. Or you can do like a lazy (and cheap) person I know did and get the whole rear glass replaced under insurance. At least that way you know all the grids will be intact.