rear end movement (i have all solid rear bushings)

i cannot figure out what is going on with my rear end. when i get on the throttle the rear end moves. after doing some reading on this site, i figured that it was because i had stock UCAs and SSM lift bars, so the bushings in teh UCAs must be shot. Well i just finished putting some UPR UCAs that have solid bushings on both ends, and the problem still is there. i looked at all of my torque boxes and they are all perfect. so with all of this, it seems like somthing inside my rear must be loose or something?:shrug: anybody have any ideas? it is getting really annoying

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Because the way the rear end moves with a 4 link, you're going to have lateral movement, regardless of bushing configuration.

What kind of movement are you feeling? Is it side to side (perpendicular to the direction of travel) or front to back like wheelhop?

Are the SSM's brackets welded or bolted in?

I had the same issue with my SSM bars. I switched to the UPR U/L and no more issues. I was told if you weld the brackets to the axle the movement goes away. I never really knew if I wanted to keep the SSM's so I just switched as welding the bracket would make it hard to sell the SSM's.

Wow thats strange, I have the factory rear and dont have that problem. IDK but do you have quad shocks? I hear thats what helps lateral movement of the rear. And I see you have a GTS so I wonder if your car came with that or not by chance?

with ssm and almost every aftermarket LCA you can discard the quad shock. The quad shock is more or less due to the weak stock LCA to help with its flexing.

The problem actually is that the SSM bar overpower the rest of the susp. (uppers and bushings). A panhard bar would help, but for the money spent you would be better off just getting some more street friendly LCA's. That is the conclusion I came to.

I am not knocking the SSM bars, just weld them in place, and realize the street driving will be harsher than what other LCA offer.

never rely on stiff bushings to prevent side to side movement...That will just cause suspension bind, torque box damage, and premature wear of the bushings. You have to use proper bushings that allow lateral articulation (especially for the uppers) and with that comes lateral axle movement. Most people just live with it, others get wrong busings and destroy torque boxes and still others get a panhard bar or wats linkage. I must say...my PHB was some of the best money spent on my car. I got it before even getting aftermarket LCA's.