Rear end shaking

FreeGT

Dec 9, 2003
St. Louis
I've had some tranny problems for awhile, it's hard to engage the shifter in some gears, and it grinds if you shift moderate-hard. mostly in 5th. Well I've learnt to drive it with these problems, but last night when I take it out of gear in 5th when up to speed (60-80ish) the car shakes slightly and makes a loud buzzing/humming noise. It almost feels/sounds like I went off the shoulder and hit those small ridges in the road that make that loud noise to keep you awake/warn you. Since the sound is so low, I can not tell where it is coming from, sounds like anywhere from the tranny-rear end. Anyone know what I am talking about?

• Sponsors (?)

I think its probably the driveshaft. I have the same problem except for the buzzing, so I went and bought an aluminum ds and cured all problems. Very pleased with the driveshaft well worth the price and get the piece of mind on the stonger aluminum.

I think its probably the driveshaft. I had the same problem except for the buzzing, so I went and bought an aluminum ds and it cured all my problems. Very pleased with the driveshaft well worth the price and you get the piece of mind of the stonger and lighter aluminum driveshaft.