Fox Rear End Swap Question

Dave34

Dec 8, 2014
My neighbor offered me his old rims for his 04 gt and i have to 4 lug axle's is there any car that will bolt up the has the 5 lug so i dont need to buy a new LSD and 2 axles i can just pull it and put the other one in

• Sponsors (?)

You can Google it and come up with all sorts of threads on the ranger axle swap. I tell you this simply because I cannot recall all the details off the top of my head.

Remember, if you start swapping other oem parts for a 5 lug conversion, you are going to run into a lot of small parts, like brake boosters, master cylinders and proportioning valves. If you are not worried about picking up rear disk or better braking, latemodel probably sells the easiest for of doing a 5 lug swap.

Mustang 5-Lug Conversion Kit with 28 Spline Rear Axles (87-93)

Joe

1 more thing, be aware that using the kit above will limit what wheels you can run because of the dust caps for the rotor bearings, which tend to prevent some center caps from bolting on. If you want the majority of wheels to fut, you need to use a SN95 front brake conversion.

Joe

The problem is going to be up front. 2004 Mustang GT rims are either going to be the bullitt wheels, or the polished 01 cobra style wheels. Neither will really fit the 5-lug conversion rotors up front. You might get away with using a spacer, but the center cap won't fit.

OP, I think this is going to require a little more research before you start buying parts.

The result will be worth it though
pic.php