Drivetrain Rear End... What To Look For

No.11

10 Year Member
Oct 13, 2009
Los Angeles
hey guys, I found someone who is selling a whole rear end that came off an 89 mustang. 5 lug 28 spline axles, 3.73s, seller says he has 99-04 gt calipers and rotors not installed, only thing missing is the brackets. These are the correct ones, yes?
https://lmr.com/item/LRS-2100A-K/Mustang-Rear-Disc-Brake-Caliper-Adapter-Brackets-For-Cobra

So, what should I look out for before buying it to make sure I don't buy something that doesn't work? What are the usual problem areas to look at? Can I just spin the axles and if everything seems smooth and nice it means its good to go? What would you guys do to a rear even if supposedly everything is ok? Thanks!

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0 - Copy.jpg
    imagejpeg_0 - Copy.jpg
    304 KB · Views: 186
  • Sponsors (?)

Are they fox length axles or stock 94+ axles? Depending on which ones they are they use different brackets. No, those are the wrong caliper brackets. You either need the north brackets for fox length axles or factory 94+ brackets for factory 94+ axles.

I see a caliper installed in the pic. What's wrong with the brackets currently on it? Are you sure those are fox lengyt axles?

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Those are the ones you need. There's a 6% off discount code on corral forums you can use for your lmr purchase.
awesome, I'll look into that pronto! Thanks!
I see a caliper installed in the pic. What's wrong with the brackets currently on it? Are you sure those are fox lengyt axles?

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
seller says he just put it on there but it's not fitting because the brackets on there right now are not the right brackets needed. I guess I'll measure everything up once I go see it.