Rear ended by UGLY Jeep Cherokee with BIG BLACK BUMPER

Friday afternoon this boob rear ended my car while we were turning right. It was a very minor accident, but it left several ugly black scrapes on my rear bumper. My concern is that my paint is ten years old and very thin. There is NO clear coat left anymore. Am I looking at a repaint for the bumper? Or do you think it'll...buff out? He did have insurance, so I'm not paying. I'm just hoping I can save a few bucks on a whole body repaint!:p

Dscf0006.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

well bring it to two diff shops hopefully your backing is dented and your bumper cover needs to be replaced, then it will be around 800-1k and you can get the check, and just have the whole car repainted by tossing in another 1,500 or 2k.. just an idea.

S&B said:
well bring it to two diff shops hopefully your backing is dented and your bumper cover needs to be replaced, then it will be around 800-1k and you can get the check, and just have the whole car repainted by tossing in another 1,500 or 2k.. just an idea.

As soon as the adjuster calls me I'm getting some estimates. Sadly, the hit didn't dent the bumper. :( But I was hoping to get a few hundred knocked off the repaint! Oh well, maybe somebody else will rear-end me!!!:lol: