Rear gas tank and front tilt hood pics..

• Sponsors (?)

I like them too, most of the time you see those kind of mods on street rods. I've known a few people who have put the Buick hood hinges on older cars, but it's dfferent on a fox.

Yes It started out as an experiment, Then I liked it and kept it. I think it looks awsome. Just picture your car on a show a row of mustangs with the hoods open and my hood open the oppsite side. Will stand out big time.

dood.....i like the mods lol pretty effin unique, and yeah, you're going to pwn noobs at car shows :rock:

WOOT! ARIZONA! REPRESENT lol You, my friend, need to get yourself some new license plate tags tho :nono::p

Thanks. Im glad you like them.. Those aren't my plates there from another car that was sold n needed to use them for mock up. I haven't had AZ plates on my car since I moved from cali........ But thanks for the info.....:D

screw all the haters, I am digging both of those mods and I cant wait to see the thing finished.

Yeah. I mean some people will like them some people won't I will have to deal with it...Is not like i can go back on it anyway i welded up my stock hood hinge hole on my firewall. and welded my gas tank door shut...I could of keped my gas tank filler but it was inside the trunk for awhile didn't like the fact that I had to open my trunk everytime I had to put gas,, and besides i colud smell the fumes inside the car every time i spilled a little gas when i would fill my tank. now its outside the car.Thanks for you comment.

I like both mods, wish the factory put the fill in the back to begin with. I love the tilt hood, wish it was a different hood though. Lets face it, while fox stangs are cool, mods like your are the only things that will seperate your car from the sea of other stangs at a show. The fox body style doesnt lend itself easily to creative body mods so every one ends up being the same but different. It obvious you have some good skills. As for the haters STFU!

I like both mods, wish the factory put the fill in the back to begin with. I love the tilt hood, wish it was a different hood though. Lets face it, while fox stangs are cool, mods like your are the only things that will seperate your car from the sea of other stangs at a show. The fox body style doesnt lend itself easily to creative body mods so every one ends up being the same but different. It obvious you have some good skills. As for the haters STFU!
Thanks for the comment. Yes I wish they would of put the gas tank filler in the back also. I like the slick look no handles,no antenna sticking out, no key holes.no emblems.Is not like you cant tell apart a mustang without its emblems..:D.Well I'll post some more pictures up soon i'm doing other stuff to it but since i'm working on it by myself its taking me awhile. I have a spare hood, A Cervini mach 1 hood but doesn't look that great on my car, well At least thats what i think.. Might sell it and start saving for other parts..Thanks again.

I have a question about the hood. Because you are using the stock latch at the front, and you have moved the hinges to the front as well. WHAT is going to keep the rear of the hood down...and keep it from moving all over the place.

That area of the hood is a huge low pressure area...i would be worried about the hood moving around at high speeds. I think you might need to devise some sort of latch mechanism for the rear too.

Is not like you cant tell apart a mustang without its emblems..:D...

I dont know about that man... some people dont know what kind of car a fox is. lol " What is that, a Lebaron?"

I have a spare hood, A Cervini mach 1 hood but doesn't look that great on my car, well At least thats what i think...
Stock, 1.5 cowl, or '03 Cobra would look good IMO.:D

any chance of you writing a how to on the gas tank mod??

that is the way foxes should have come from the factory. my trunk has huge rust issues due to a leaking luggage rack so it's pretty much going to have to be re-done anyway. I would love to jump on this while I am in there patching things up.

any chance of you writing a how to on the gas tank mod??

Well I started out by taking out my tank, I cleaned it out and wash it with cleaner to take the fumes out. I left it out for about a week with the degreaser n soap in my back yard.,(NOT BY CHOICE).I let it air dry after to see If I smell fumes. The i marked my sump then cut, and welded my sump in. I welded my inlet hole for my tank shut. then on the opposite side i made a 2-3 inch hole to put an inlet pipe that I got from another car. Im not sure exactly what car i took it of from ,I was just walking around the junk yard and found the inlet I have on a tank then i screwd it off. But i think its from a hundai or a small car like a toyota. But any will do as long as its not to long inside so it won't interfear with the stock pump (if you want to retain your stock pump.)I didn't screw mine on I welded it to my tank.i Checked for leaks and i had a few pin holes but i welded them shut,but just to make sure i used KBS coatings inside and out just incase I misssed a pinhole:D. looked like this....
P1012025.jpg

On the car itself I welded the door shut and welded the hole were the inlet goes though inside the trunk.In the back i cut out a piece from a caprece. I cut about two inches around wer3 the hole is and welded that to the car.....like so
P1011992.jpg

Then i put the gas tank up to check to see how much of the wheelwell would I need to cut. I cut about2 inched on each side of the tube. Then I connected the inlet from the tank and the inlet from the plates with a 90 degree pipe used two small pieces of rubber hose and clamps.. like this
P1012027.jpg

once it was put together i built a housing around the pipe, so it will be outside now. I made it in to a box, its easier that trying to make it round., once welded on i sealed the seams with bondo then dynatmated my whole trunk.I grinded my welds and blended my rear side of the plates.....
P1012032.jpg

This is how it looks at the moment haven't sanded the primer and have to clean up the cut a little.. Well hope this helps a little. Let me know if you need more questions answered... Excuse my spelling don't feel like fixing it........:D

UPDATES!!!!!!!!!!

Heres an update on my front tilt hood/engine bay. I put sealer then put some filler primer just have to sand it down to make it smooth, Might need to put another coat of primer we'll see after.YOu can see my hinges a little better in these pictures than in the older ones.
Well heres my car with the sealer....
Picture008.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture009.jpg

now here are some with filler primer

Picture011.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Let me know how it looks.. Thank will post some other pictures when engine bay is done.:D

I was just browsing the project forums and ran accross this, and thought i'd comment on the gas door thing....the Gov'ment mandated that all gas fill locations be switched to the side of the vehicle...that's why they're not around anymore. If you had to pass an echeck, you probably would fail because of that, and if you were to get rear ended and your car caught fire and somebody was burned in the fire, you'd probably get your ass handed to you in court where they would blame the fire on the relocation.

Just puttin that out there...not busting your ass or anything. I think it's cool personally, even the hood. It's not for ME but it's cool that you did something different.