Rear Rim Size

mikestang63

SN Certified Technician
Aug 27, 2012
In the garage
so I want to go with 275/40/17 tires on the rear. Problem is my Cobra R rims are 17 x 8 and pretty sure they are not wide enough for Nitto 555.

Do I go with
  • what i have 17 x 8
  • 17 x 9
  • 17 x 10
I see them on this site for a decent price. http://wheelreplicas.com/cobrarwheels

OR................. go 5 lug and buy these...............http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/wto/5720591466.html

But... then I got to buy the SN95 spindles. rotors. calipers,, lines, axles, brackets,... etc.... which adds easy another $500 - $700

• Sponsors (?)

Damn. Those wheels are cheap with tires. Btw, they aren't chrome they are polished.

Anyway, to properly run a 275, you should run a 9" rim. Are you sure your cobra R wheels are 17x8 because most replicas are 17x9 for the cobra R wheel

Edit: forgot you were 4-lug. In that case, buy a new rim.

Or just go 5lug

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
I'd never consider buying any wheel that is 4 lug, period.

I know money doesn't grow on tress, so wait it out, collect the parts needed and goto 5 lug.
You will probably spend more than $700 to do the whole car in 5 lug discs (especially if you use cobra pbr style front calipers).

9's are plenty out back.

Is have to agree than sn95 swap pricing is going up. It's now or never really. You can prob save a few bucks running the 94-98 GT/v6 setup, or running 99-04 calipers up front (perfectly fine unless you want the big showy rotors of the 13" cobra setup.

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

yeah I was thinking of going this route

Front
JY 94-95 gt spindles
New rotors brakes, SS hoses
Rear
JY 94-95 gt axles
New calipers rotors, SS hoses north race car brackets
reuse my existing 3.73 trac lock

New 94-95 MC
MM 3 to 2 line kit and junction block kit
MM adjustable proportioning valve

Then I have to buy the rims/tires. Not sure if I want to go 17 or 18:. Either

Saleen SC's
Cobra R's
Bullit style

You probably don't need the nrc brackets if you are using sn95 rear axles. With that said, I'd use fox length axles and the nrc brackets.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk