Rear Seat Delete Decision - PIC

LoudToy958

Mar 30, 2005
Bremerton, WA
I finally decided what rear seat delete I want. I have been looking everywhere, and this is the coolest one I have seen. Hope it looks as good in person, I just ordered it in black with the red snake.

If anyone is interested, I can tell you where to get one if I think the quality is good. I found the guy on ebay of all places. Tell me what you all think.

803618_79_full.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

kristopher said:
You will be putting your seat back in once you hear how much road noise you get with those things.

Me and WhiteDevil just took a 80 mile round trip to a show yesterday. Wasn't really that bad at all, with no seat or delete. I guess it depends on your exhaust setup. After I put the Long Tubes in, I don't have the drone anymore. Just a nice smooth note. Plus I have macs, not flowmasters.

a buddy of mine did a delete kit on his 00 GT with Bassani exhaust and complained of the additional road noise so threw his seat back in. I drive a hatch back around so road noise is no stranger to me. I like a little luxury blended with my speed so I would probably leave my back seat in on my stang. But to each his own :nice:

Scot_94GT said:
Honestly...how much weight do oyu even save by removing the rear seat? It cant be more than 40 lbs. can it?
its around 30-40 lbs with the huge metal bracket removed.

i made my own with 1/4 MDF and some carped for a speaker box, total cost was just over $15 and is at most 3lbs

Scot_94GT said:
Honestly...how much weight do oyu even save by removing the rear seat? It cant be more than 40 lbs. can it?

The rear wasn't much. 55lbs total. The delete weighs 11lbs. The front is where I saved the weight. The front seats were 106lbs, and the new seats were only 52 with the brackets. Almost 100lbs total saved weight......

Yeah the road noise was not too bad even with no rear seats or anything in the back. I think my GT with the shorties o/r X and MACs that drone hard core has more noise. And Shane that red cobra rear seat looks mean. I think it will be sweet and get ya some show points :drool:

looking good. i ordered one from the same guy a couple days ago but with a different design. my brother has a seat delete in his 96 cobra and i didn't notice an increase in road noice even with his 100 different exhaust set-ups. (off-road h, off-road x, spintech side pipes, some other straight pipes, etc.)