Rear Seat Delete Progress Thread

I AM the random post master...bow down
May 3, 2003
Daytona Bch, FL
Well I finally got the ambition to start working on a rear seat delete for my car. Used cardboard to make a template, then transferes it to some wood.... That was OK looking to me, so I decided to make it look a little better. Printed out a pic of the new mustang logo, used some carbon paper and traced it onto the wood, then went to town with a jigsaw :) I have to go back and sand some to smooth out a few edges, and make the narrow spaces wider so when the carpet or whatever else I decide to use goes on it, it wont get all filled in. I'm thinking about putting a sheet of red plexiglass or something red thats transparent behind the mustang, then having a light to light it up. Let me know what you think.

rsdelete01.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

looks pretty good :nice: maybe instead of carpet you could use some of that textured paint so you can keep the sharp/crisp lines there. i dunno if i would go with a light behind it or not but i like the idea of red plexi

I put it in the corner to make it diff from all of the other seats. I might put something on the other side to even it up, but the only way you're going to see the rear seat is if you look back there, and you'll see it in the corner when you look.

Nice work....that logo works for me...I kinda prefer it to the side to....first thing someone in the pass seat is gonna notice when they look back...
I would do Red behind it to...Red leather would be nice??? Back-lit might work to??
I got one sitting in the garage for a month now...I put LCA's in Friday nite....next project is the delete...

I got mine plain Black as I didnt really see anything I liked, logo wise. they were all to big......But copying your idea is looking pretty good right now.... :D

RIO5.0 said:
Nice work....that logo works for me...I kinda prefer it to the side to....first thing someone in the pass seat is gonna notice when they look back...
I would do Red behind it to...Red leather would be nice??? Back-lit might work to??
I got one sitting in the garage for a month now...I put LCA's in Friday nite....next project is the delete...

I got mine plain Black as I didnt really see anything I liked, logo wise. they were all to big......But copying your idea is looking pretty good right now.... :D
You cant steal my logo! :bang: j/k man. If you want I can send you the pic I used for it.

I put on some carpet tonight and started cutting it out and I must say its more of a pain than I thought it would be :( Carpet went on easy, but cutting the horse out is harder then expected... Oh well, if it doesnt work out I can tear the carpet and try again with maybe some diff material.