Rear Seat Delete: Teh Write-up

good timing for your post as I haven't been on here in months.

to be honest, i didnt secure the bottom part. didnt need to. nothing was mounted to it (like an amp) and never made a noise. when i had it, i thought about possibly drilling holes in the floor and securing it that way, OR to somehow reuse the seat fastners. never got around to it as someone broke into my car and stole all my crap 2 years ago haha.

• Sponsors (?)

good timing for your post as I haven't been on here in months.

to be honest, i didnt secure the bottom part. didnt need to. nothing was mounted to it (like an amp) and never made a noise. when i had it, i thought about possibly drilling holes in the floor and securing it that way, OR to somehow reuse the seat fastners. never got around to it as someone broke into my car and stole all my crap 2 years ago haha.

Dang that sucks about someone stealing the stuff. I'm gonna build an amp setup in the lower portion so I was hoping that you figured something out for that. I can take a look and see how to secure it. I'm not sure if I want to drill into the floor, but I want it supported or tied down just a little bit. I wonder if the seat fasteners will come off the bottom of the seat?

This thread.....revived from the dead! LOL

Samagler......try to get a local stereo shop to make it. The shipping of the big a$$ box would probably cost more than having a local shop make it. Hell, take the dimensions, go to a school wood working shop, and hire some kid to make it......even better, post the dimensions on craigslist, and someone will build it for you. I would guess, even for ground, with the box dimensions and weight, it would be $100+ just for shipping, without the cost of materials and time. 2 sheets of 3/4 MDF would be about $60-$70. Labor would be another $150-$250+ (a lot of that would be taking their car apart to test fit the pieces). Guess about $400+ for someone to make you the box and ship it to you.

I made mine and it took about a week of work. I removed the plastic top part above the rear seat, then contoured the box to include that.