Rear shock suggestions, please

Need some opinions, guys-

I have a 93GT with 193,000 miles and I need some new shocks. I have 285/40s on the back and they rub whenever I hit a bump. What shocks do you all use, and how much did you spend? Would new shocks alleviate the rubbing problem, or do I need new springs? If so, what kind? I really don't want the car any lower than it is with the rubbing problem and all. I've heard some things about coil-overs, but am not too familiar with them-can anyone give me some input? The car is daily driven, and I want some good shocks, but don't want to spend an arm and a leg with the holidays coming up. Any and all suggestions welcome.

Thanks, guys-
Hawaii-50 :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Timmy is right. The only things that may help are new springs(taller ride height). Rolling the outer lip, hammering the inner wheel well, depending on if they rub on the inside or outside. Getting a set of air bags in your rear coils and inflating them just enough to limit your rear suspension travel. Mabey emptying out the rear of the car will help(jack, spare, insulation) Of course you could get smaller tires:)