rear susp ?'s

floydamus

Mar 7, 2004
reinforcing rear susp. thinkin bout usin the s box and reinforce the torque boxes anythign else i should do . im going to mini tub and probably use the qa1 coilover kit with the promastar coilover shock.

• Sponsors (?)

aight im build car susp first then motor. so far i have lakewood lower traction action's and upr radius style uppers. yes it has subframes. doign a 10 point cage as well. for the motor it will be a 331 with a turbo( t72). ill drive it some on the street when its nice and mess. im tryign to build a decen't all around susp. but i don't know how much allaround it will be.as. if it will handle decn't but go in a straigh line better that will make me happy. i want know till its done though :-(

any ideas of what i should use. ask questions to try and help me tell yall what you need to know to give me help. i think i got it but who knows its one those things where u do one thing and then later on u wished u did another

Well for braking, any upgrade to the stock units is good (just like the suspension.) Those are probably the biggest weak points on the Fox body mustang.

If you are looking for cheap upgrades you can do the 73mm caliper upgrade and some ebay slotted / drilled rotors. You can also use google to find SSBC. They make a lot of brake stuff for the Stang.

ahhhh. yea as far as brakin i think im going with the fms cobra brake kit. as far as susp i got the lakewood traction action lower control arms upr's radius upper( whatevere they are called), and im goign with a coilover system and mini tubbin the rear. susp up front upr's kmember kit with tubular a arms,coilovers, tubular k member, and auto and dragracing springs. to stiffen the chassis i already have subframes and im going with a 10 point cage. my real big question is should i remove the uppers and go with the s box by wildrides or just reinforce everything back there. battle boxes and such