Rear window (fogging ?)

mvagustasenna

May 29, 2007
Wondering if anyone has had problems with the rear window fogging up due to cold weather. I have not experienced this but I am worried that I should find a solution before getting my 65 mustang coupe tented. Modern cars have those heater lines that run accross, should I have those put on first before having the window tented or is there another solution?

Thanks in advance
Nadeem

• Sponsors (?)

there is an electric unit that blows warm air on you rear window. there are also electric grids that go on your window like tint does, and are wired in to the electrical system. personally i like the electric unit that blows warm air as it is hidden, for the most part, and you can use it to help provide warm air in the cabin as well.

ford used to offer rear defogger over the counter or it could have been factory/dealer installed as well but it wasn't heated it just blew ambient temp cabin air at the window, it works quite well with the heater cranked up but still works even with cold air as any air flowing over the window will help defog the window.

do a search on ebay for rear defogger some time and you'll usually see one or more of these for sale. i have one for my car as well, though not installed yet it will be going in my 69 cougar once i start working on it.