Rearend and a seat

I have read numerous threads on converting the SN95 breaking system to the foxes, which I would really like to do. Most people are saying to make the switch with all the individual parts. Wouldnt it be easier to switch the whole rearend? I have a yard that will sell me the whole rearend with the parking brake cable for $650. I know it is a little wider but easier, Right? He says everything is an exact fit. Is he right or am I wrong? He also has an electric track w/ the switch for $150. Is that good? It seems to be.I dont know.

• Sponsors (?)

Is $650 for a rear end that you don't know the condition of or the gearing worth it to you?

Most people swap the parts because they already have desired gearing and/or a rebuilt differential. The housing is the same as the 94-98 cars so why swap good with unknown when you can just put the axles and brakes on.

94-95 8.8 is really the only direct bolt in rear. By this i mean the brake lines are run across the rear axle and there is a center hook up. 96-98 cars run the brake lines to the body off the calipers, so you will need to fab up the brake lines before installing the rear.

94-98 is also your only option. 99-04 cars are WAY to wide for a Fox and will add about 1.25" to each side over the stock fox track. If you use it, rim selection is key.

So up to you what you want to do. Swapping to COBRA disks can be done pretty cheaply

$50 = use 94-98 axles
$175 = M-2300M kit
$25 = 94-95 brake soft lines from rockauto
$50-75 = used SN95 caliperss
$5 = brake line adapters
$5 brake fluid

That is for the 11.65" vented disk brakes.

The gt/v6 come with 10" solid disk brakes...which IMHO suck major ass

I agree with Mike. Unless you are starting out with a 4 cyl 7.5 rear, I would just get the parts and swap them over. Now if the SN95 rear was like $350 or less, then that would be more like it, or if it was recently rebuilt with upgraded parts, then it might be worth swapping it out.

I swapped mine out with a Turbocoupe rear that had 3.73 gears already since I was able to get it for $60. Then I sold my old 225,000 mile 8.8 for $40, and was able to put together all the new 5 lug rear disc parts together on the TC rear. So I ended up with a gear swap for $20 more by swapping the housings.

I have never messed with gears or the swapping of brakes so it makes me a little nervous diving into something I am totally unfamiliar with. But I guess thats why we have you guys. Do you use the SN95 axles or some other axle? Iguess where I get cofused is having all the parts laying their and not knowing where to start and where to put the first part.

Is $650 for a rear end that you don't know the condition of or the gearing worth it to you?

Most people swap the parts because they already have desired gearing and/or a rebuilt differential. The housing is the same as the 94-98 cars so why swap good with unknown when you can just put the axles and brakes on.

94-95 8.8 is really the only direct bolt in rear. By this i mean the brake lines are run across the rear axle and there is a center hook up. 96-98 cars run the brake lines to the body off the calipers, so you will need to fab up the brake lines before installing the rear.

94-98 is also your only option. 99-04 cars are WAY to wide for a Fox and will add about 1.25" to each side over the stock fox track. If you use it, rim selection is key.

So up to you what you want to do. Swapping to COBRA disks can be done pretty cheaply

$50 = use 94-98 axles
$175 = M-2300M kit
$25 = 94-95 brake soft lines from rockauto
$50-75 = used SN95 caliperss
$5 = brake line adapters
$5 brake fluid

That is for the 11.65" vented disk brakes.

The gt/v6 come with 10" solid disk brakes...which IMHO suck major ass

Sorry, I see the 94-98 axles- what is the M-2300M kit- and where is rock auto, is that an online store?

i just did a whole rear end swap and paid 500 for the rear with MM LCA's torsen ford lsd and cobra brakes, so thats the only reason i did a whole axle swap if not i woulda went with the individual parts

Thats a deal, but I dont think you find those every day. I had a jy yesterday quote me 400 for a gt rear end and 100 a side for the complete front brakes all from a 1994. I believe it maybe worth it after listening to all the parts that has to be gathered. What do you think. Although I have 3 pick a part type places that seem to have alot of mustang parts. I just found 2 VIII electric fans for 50 bucks, but I have to find out which wires are hot and ground. 1 blue and 2 blk.

$200 for both front 1994 brakes is a little steep. Those particular brakes are not that great.
Spindles usually go for $100/pair, so for the remaining $100 you could easily purchase some 99-04 double piston calipers, lines and rotors. In fact you could prob get them for cheaper than $100

you know im sure my parts guy wouldnt mind doing for you what he did for me basically i ordered all the parts for a 95 cobra brake system and he let me turn in my 88 stuff for cores so i got cobra brakes at 88 cost just something to think about

you know im sure my parts guy wouldnt mind doing for you what he did for me basically i ordered all the parts for a 95 cobra brake system and he let me turn in my 88 stuff for cores so i got cobra brakes at 88 cost just something to think about

I'm in the Hesperia area. You aren't very far. Where is the Ontario Pick a part. Im not familiar with that one. I think I have been to most of the rest including the one in Oceanside. And love to meet your parts guy. Where do you live?