Reason #1 why NOT to get an automatic

My lovely and wonderful wife Cheryl broke her wrist tuesday, she had surgery wed. She goes back to work on Fri.
So she is unable to drive our 2002 Nissan Altima 5-speed the solution? She has Betty!
I get to drive the Altima for the next 4-6 weeks. Oh man I miss Betty already, driving the Altima today was so strange, I felt so high in that car, looking down on the hood is weird.
Cheryl looks at me bats her eyes and smiles while saying "Arent you glad we got an automatic Mustang?" My kids were laughing their hineys off!
Poor poor Kevin no Betty!
:damnit: :doh:
I guess my wife :owned: me!

• Sponsors (?)

I hope your wife is well soon, but now that she has been driving the Stang around the only time you will get to drive it is to the car wash and to the gas station. Solution: trade the Altima for another Stang. Good luck :flag:

Ruffy said:
I hope your wife is well soon, but now that she has been driving the Stang around the only time you will get to drive it is to the car wash and to the gas station. Solution: trade the Altima for another Stang. Good luck :flag:

Thats a great idea, however all my money is tied up in buying a house, which we were supposed to close on the 31st of march, but it is delayed until the 8th of april---stupid mortgage companies :bang:

65 A Code said:
Kevin, that is funny. I call my car Betty as well ( or Black Betty) and had to drive my wifes Altima some this week.... Was a depressing time in my life :(

I think maybe you both are being played by the same woman! :D

Either that , or theyre both from the same cult that makes men drive altima's while they drive betty-stangs!? :shrug: :D Thank God my wife isnt in that cult!(nor does she own an altima!) :rlaugh:

RisingForce said:

Either that , or theyre both from the same cult that makes men drive altima's while they drive betty-stangs!? :shrug: :D Thank God my wife isnt in that cult!(nor does she own an altima!) :rlaugh:

let's hope that Kev can keep the cult under control; my wife drives the proverbial minivan!

I feel for you - thats the same reason I have an automatic in my GT - just in case the wife ever needs to drive it.

Maybe if you disconnect the power seat not only will she not be able to reach the pedals, but she may not be able to see over the dash.

RisingForce said:

Ford needs to release a TSB on this cult.
If not I will call 60 minutes and have them do some investigative reporting.

Although my girl has never seen one with her own two eyes, she thinks pickups are the cutest, most practical vehicle ever made. :shrug: She really like the Mustang but can't drive it because it's a 5 speed. She rarely drives and when she does it's the Explorer we have that she affectionately calls "The Jeep". :bang: