Reasons for V6

70XR7ConvertCat said:
After owning manual transmissions and automatics over the years, I've come to the conclusion manual transmission cars are for weekends, or sparsely populated areas where there is light weekday traffic. Believe me, the fun of having a gearshift goes away quickly when you're commuting in stop and go traffic. And, there's alot of that in your neighborhood. Mine too (greater SF bay area).

Steve C.

I love both gear boxes more the stick than the auto but I would die before I use a stick in the SF area :D I've stayed in SF once and I'm glad I had a auto to drive around in :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I bought a v6 mustang because i knew nothing else about cars at the time. I saw a mustang and i instantly said sports car, yes. That was my only thought. I have always wanted a sports car and there it was sitting there for cheap. I wouldnt do it again, and i definately wouldnt get an auto. But i wouldnt mind owning a 99+ v6 with a manual. Those have some decent power for the money. But not my 97 auto.

splatteredguts said:
my reasons were pretty simple... 15k was the max that my credit union would give me (for a new car, less for a used one) and a v6 stang was pretty much the best car overall that i could find for the $$$. plus after driving a POS, i really wanted a NEW car, not some old 80's 5.0 that would just give me more headaches. a gt would've been cool, but i really don't care. V6 or V8, they both serve the same purpose in the end, one just does it for less money...

oh, and when i graduated i got luggage...
yea, i got luggage too...

ganador01 said:
yea, i got luggage too...

I didn't get anything for graduation.
My '66 was my 16h B-day present, and guaranteed that I got small gifts for 2 Christmases and my 17th B-day.
The funny thing is, people in my school were conviced I was spoiled, cause they had no clue my car cost less than their crappy Civics. :rolleyes:

My getting the 2001 was just my parents not wanting me on the interstate in a 4-banger with no airbags. Works for me. :nice:

got mine a few months after i turned 16, payed for by parents. it was kinda unexpected, i had been driving our old corrola around and had payed 200 to upgrade the speakers from crap to ok. wish they would have just given the cash they used on it, i coulda got a gt and sc it for the price. that prob would have been a bad idea though

V6 because of insurance and it was a graduation present. I used to drive a 4.6L V8 F150XLT, then we traded it in for the stang. I wanted a GT but of course it would've killed me, lol. I could get a 05 Stang GT but the monthly payments wouldn't break me the insurance would :p so i'm modding the 6, :D