Reborn Stang Man Intro

Sep 26, 2015
I mean this as one who hasn't had a Mustang in four years until last week. I had a 2000 V6 5 speed coupe for ten years and 200,000 miles. The high mileage and the age of the Stang concerned me enough to allow a 2009 Pontiac G8 to seduce me. Sold the Stang to a family friend with some regrets due to the reliability of the car over the ten years. My only repair expense was for an alternator. The car had the original clutch when I sold it and it worked fine. Lately though G.M.'s problems with recalls and satisfying them plus some mechanical concerns with the G8's V6 engine and chassis problems with the TPMS system made me decide to trade the G8 for another Stang V6 coupe.This time an automatic though. Thus I am back in the fold! That G8 was a sweet ride and I'll miss it. Hope G.M. turns things around sometime in the future. They're a worthy opponent.

• Sponsors (?)

Hi there! Welcome to the forum!

If you ever need anything, such as the forum discount code, feel free to shoot me a PM, and I'll be happy to help you!

In the meantime, you are more than welcome to browse our website for all of your Mustang parts and needs!

madspeed, there were a couple of V8 versions of the G8,the GT and GXP. I believe the GXP maybe the one you're thinking of. It had like 425 hp from the factory as I recall and the GT had like 360. Check out G8board .com for some fine looking G.M. iron. Caliber92, I intend to leave my stang pretty much un-modded. Maybe some suspension tweaks as time goes on. I like a little oversteer at light throttle in corners so a GT rear bar may be the first mod. That is if the GT bar is bigger than the V6 bar.