Rebuilt title?

Recently I already got converstion with the guy who has his 1992 Ford Mustang Cobra GT (Canadian version) and its had automatic option. Im going to check his car by this week.

You can see the guy's '92 Mustang Cobra GT picture here. BTW I made desktop wallpaper;) .

However, I have some question to ask him on phone....He told me that the rims already replaced to chome Cobra R right now. I asked him, does this car already got rebuilt title? and he said yes. So what I should do?? Or to make sure this car to be well done job?

Please understand that this car got only 148,000 Kms (approx 91,962 Miles on it).

Jason:)

Attachments

• 1992 Ford Mustang GT Cobra1.jpg
    1992 Ford Mustang GT Cobra1.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 135
  • Sponsors (?)

Personally, I wouldn't touch a car with a rebuilt title. A branded title automatically reduces the value of the car by about three quarters. If it's a screaming deal and you plan on keeping it forever, okay. But if you ever expect to sell it, stay away. You'll never come close to getting your money for it, if you can even unload it.

Its no big deal just make sure too ask all the questions like when it happened, how it happened, inspection papers and so forth, mine is a write off and its fine they have to be inspected before they go on the road, im from B.C too.Yes it is true it does effect the value so dont buy it to be a collector car, buy it to have fun with.:canada:

well mine has a reconstructed title because over the summer somebody hit me so i just took the insurance money and fixed it up the way i wanted it
Before:
2043867_4_full.jpg

Shop time:
2043867_10_full.jpg

And now:
2043867_12_full.jpg

2043867_36_full.jpg

I dont think a reconstructed title is bad unless the accident was really bad or the shop they took it to was bad. Just gotta know some background information on everything before you jump to buy it.

Thanks for giving me a great feedback!:D

One of my buddies of mine who works at the Billy's Mustangs shop. He would like to help me to inpect EVERYTHING on this car to make sure the body to be done right, not sloppy job. And he will check transmission, engine, body chassis, brakes etc...

Also, I will check insurance's claim history everything and leins.

I lived so close to Billy's Mustangs shop, just about 8 mins to walk to the shop from my home.

Jason :SNSign:

I bought a car a few months ago with a reconstructed title. My situation was, that the car was never wrecked, it was an unclaimed stolen vehicle. Someone bought it out of a salvage yard, and in NY where the car was stolen, it is automatically given a "reconstructed" title. Run a carfax on the car and check out everything. The biggest PIA i had was getting the title transferred from DE to PA. Check to make sure how much work you are going to have to go through to get the title transferred. The amount of things i had to do just to get the info to the state was unbeleivable, and then you have to wait 6-8 weeks to get the registration, so you can finally have it get a final inspection! I wasnt going to get it, but, its not a daily driver, and how much resale are you going to lose on a car that is approaching 15 years old? Take all this into consideration if you already havent purchased the car, just some info to look into, i'm sure that canada's laws on this are quite different from PA's, but just take a look. Hope this helped.

Anthony

Pictures are just that..pictures, don't put any stock in them. Go see the car and if you know what to look for you'll be able to decide. A car is only as good as the people who put it together, and in my opinion a well built salvage car is just as good as any other. Ignore the shine of the paint and the sound of the exhaust...drive the car checking the tracking on the road, how it behaves under hard breaking. Turn off the radio and drive it with the windows up and listen to the engine and tranny. Get under it and look at the body...torque boxes and engine area..look for fluids, dents, indication of weld marks. Open the hatch and ensure the panels fit correctly and the hatch area looks clean and lines are clean. Look at panel and door fitment and check jams and doors for rust. Next look in the bay...rad support and inner area for creased metal, and condition of components in the bay. Finally bring a body magnet with you to see if the body panels are metal or putty.
Just some thoughts to check for...good luck on your trip to see the car, hope it's a good one for ya.

Today, I did went and looked at black '92 Mustang GT. I learned this is an US model, not an Canadian model, because the guage comes with MPH. The car came from Oregon, USA. That is why no rust around the chassis. I did check the chassis and I don't see any damage on the chassis anywhere. Its still original chassis.

I did asked the guy to bring the car to Billy's Mustang to inpect it to make sure the car is fine or not. He said fine to bring the car to the shop.

I did looked inside the car and the grey GT leather seats are MINT MINT condition!

I already have VIN with me and im going to check emission test report and claim history right now...

Jason