Rebuilt tranny may be acting up?

edothekid

Dec 16, 2002
California
Hello guys,

Well, some more problems with my car.

The tranny was re-built with better than stock parts, shift kit, 2500 stall converter and tranny cooler about one year ago (14,000 miles)

Now, recently the car has been running weird. In the mornings it will run fine, but once I have ran it about 25 miles on the highway and get to surface streets it acts up. I will be at a stop sign or a light, and give it a good punch at take off and it wont go, just revs up till I ease up a little on the gas and it goes, but by then its like if I had it in neutral up to 4,000 rpms and then drop it into gear. Not good, almost like I have a big stall converter. If I take off normal it wont do it. COuld this be the rear end or the tranny.

I took it in to the tranny shop that rebuilt it for me and he said that it seemed fine, but that I should check on the codes that he pulled because they could cause the tranny to act up. Is this true?

First off he drove the car cold, so it didn't do what I described above. All he did was service the tranny, filter and fluid, and sent me on my way.

Someone please help. The codes that were pulled all had to do with the 02's being bad and the speed sensor being bad, which I fixed, but still acts up.

Edgar.

• Sponsors (?)

If your 02s are bad your car will run like crap. You need to fix that first and if your car is still doing it your trans clutch packs are gone.

My friends ws6 had bad o2s and it would do what yours does. My bravada right now is doing the same thing as your car. I'm to lazy to go pay 450 for new o2s for the truck.

GoBabyVroommm said:
If your 02s are bad your car will run like crap. You need to fix that first and if your car is still doing it your trans clutch packs are gone.

My friends ws6 had bad o2s and it would do what yours does. My bravada right now is doing the same thing as your car. I'm to lazy to go pay 450 for new o2s for the truck.

So my car would act up like this if my o2's are bad huh? Good to know.

DOes anyone know how my car would run if the rear end was going/ gone?
Would it rev up like that at a stop and then catch and go or would it just not run at all if the rear end was bad?

Help!