reccomend me some msutang II suspension kits

enferno

Jun 20, 2006
a car i'm looking at buying need a new front suspension. i have a couple thousand in my budget for suspension.

'66 coupe. i will not be racing this car. if i do, it will be a very very small amount. i do not need the strongest, best performance suspension out there. i just want something a step up from the stock suspension. the car already has IRS, so i'd like to have something equivalent in the front in terms of quality of ride.

i don't want to spend $2000 on something. maybe between $1000-$1500 MAX.

what would you recommend?

• Sponsors (?)

You have IRS?

Got pics?

The only reason I can see for dumping the stock stuff is because you need the room in the shock towers for a big block. Short of that, for $1500 you can buy the fully rollerized Opentracker stuff or the Global West stuff and be done. It will ride better and be bulletproof for the next 40 years.

The Mustang II front end is small, compact, and a huge improvment over a straight axle in a full fendered street rod. What it has is horrible camber and caster curves, is unreversable, and from what I've seen, real issues with quality for Mustang/Cougar applications.

You have IRS?

Got pics?

The only reason I can see for dumping the stock stuff is because you need the room in the shock towers for a big block. Short of that, for $1500 you can buy the fully rollerized Opentracker stuff or the Global West stuff and be done. It will ride better and be bulletproof for the next 40 years.

The Mustang II front end is small, compact, and a huge improvment over a straight axle in a full fendered street rod. What it has is horrible camber and caster curves, is unreversable, and from what I've seen, real issues with quality for Mustang/Cougar applications.

100% agreement on this!!!!!!! I like G-W.