ReCoating Exh is worth it!!

4Jenna

Founding Member
Sep 12, 2001
AZ
My 4year old hotside was looking ruff! I had a 5" crack in my driver header also. I removed it all from the car after finding the crack to inspect everything! Might as well coat it while it was off. I got it re-done in *1600 ceramic Sterling Silver, turned out great!

100_1807.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Do it man, mine were starting to look ruff from a tuning boo boo I had.
My local place did all that for 200$, so very fair imop. Jet Hot will be closer to 600$. The last test is to see if the stuff holds up!

-Chris

I was thinking of going to get my hot side done by Jet Hot with their *2000 ceramic coating. What temp coating was your original jet hot coating? Is the 2000 necessary in your experience? My setup is much more tame than yours is. Also, whats the name of the place you had yours done at? Im thinking it might be cheaper to ship mine to a different place than it would be to ship it to Jet Hot and pay their prices. There was one semi local place in my area but they lost their lease and went out of business about two months ago.

Just got my quote from Jet Hot. $410 for the headers, 150 for the turbo and 40 a foot for the rest of the hot side tubing. Price on the headers seems kinda steep. This was for the 2000 degree coating. Replied back to find out the pricing of the 1600 degree coating. Add all that up plus the cost of shipping and it gets really high, really quick.