Recommended headers with Magnaflow x-pipe?

I have a grand coming next week and want to do some more exhaust upgrades. I definitely want a catted Magnaflow x-pipe, but I'm still unclear (despite searching the archives) which headers to go with. I currently have Magnapacks.

Can anybody tell me how much install would be for various headers? I know I probably won't have enough for the mid-pipe and headers AND install, but I may be able to squeak out a few more bucks for the parts and labor. :D

Any and all advice appreciated!

Cindy

• Sponsors (?)

Darkhorse845 said:
I would purchase the new BBK shorty
headers in ceramic to match your
Magnaflow X!
www.brothersperformance.com
Either JBA or the bbk tuned lengths are great. Personally, i'd go with JBA if they weren't so damned expensive, but the bbks have served me well and i've had no problems or complaints whatsoever. They sound AWESOME with my magnaflow O/R X and magnaflow catback too :nice:
Edit: I got the chrome ones, didn't want the ceramic because I live in Tucson and have no worries about rust, and seeing as they are buried anyways, you can't see em. If you are planning on running the ceramic bbks, then the JBA's wouldn't be much more expensive. They have been proven to make power, where the bbks have only had SOTP meters so far. Good luck with whatever you decide. Install should be 4-600 for the headers, took me and my bro about 10 hours between 3 days on our backs with a floor jack and 2 jack stands. thats 40-60/hr if you think about it... Last word of advice, if you plan on having someone install them for you. Get LT's and a shorty mid pipe or have the midpipe cut to fit LT's. If your gonna spend 800 for headers, at least gain some hp for it :spot:

WhiteDevil69 said:
Either JBA or the bbk tuned lengths are great. Personally, i'd go with JBA if they weren't so damned expensive, but the bbks have served me well and i've had no problems or complaints whatsoever. They sound AWESOME with my magnaflow O/R X and magnaflow catback too :nice:
Edit: I got the chrome ones, didn't want the ceramic because I live in Tucson and have no worries about rust, and seeing as they are buried anyways, you can't see em. If you are planning on running the ceramic bbks, then the JBA's wouldn't be much more expensive. They have been proven to make power, where the bbks have only had SOTP meters so far. Good luck with whatever you decide. Install should be 4-600 for the headers, took me and my bro about 10 hours between 3 days on our backs with a floor jack and 2 jack stands. thats 40-60/hr if you think about it... Last word of advice, if you plan on having someone install them for you. Get LT's and a shorty mid pipe or have the midpipe cut to fit LT's. If your gonna spend 800 for headers, at least gain some hp for it :spot:

Thanks, WhiteDevil! I would love to get LT's! How much are the JBA's? I won't be keeping the car forever, so BBK would probably be just fine with me. I just want alittle more power and I know the car would sound awesome. I heard some people have problems with BBK stuff, but I had a BBK o/r h-pipe on my car a while ago, and it was great! Never a problem. Are the headers just as good?

Thanks again!

Cindy